No announcement yet.

1986 Vanden Plas Maestro near Peterborough, former AROnline Project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1986 Vanden Plas Maestro near Peterborough, former AROnline Project car

I have received the email below from Keith Moody. If you are interested in this Maestro or have any questions, please email at keith.moody@honestjohn.co.uk

As promised, here are some pictures of the Maestro that we’re trying to find a new home for.

Long story short – it’s ended up in my care, and unfortunately I just don’t have the time or money to look after it.

It’s sat outside the office window in Warmington, near Peterborough, for most of this year and doesn’t get much love, I’m afraid.

I took it to the MoT station at the end of the summer to see what it would need. It failed on rear brakes (probably just need taking apart and cleaning) but I strongly suspect there are more issues awaiting the new owner.

Good points? Every time I drive the car I’m always amazed at how good it feels – the engine is especially tight and responsive.

So it would be an ideal project for someone who wanted a decent mechanical base to work with and had a bit of time and money to bring it cosmetically up to standard.

As I say, I’m really not the best person to talk to about the car – it might be worth trying Craig Cheetham if you need a bit more info.

There are a few updates online, too: http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/our-...o-vanden-plas/

I think we paid £500 for the car. With no MoT, an offer around £250 should buy it.

More photos

Comment

I have received the following message from Andrew Braban of Thistle Towing:

If anyone is considering this car and would like further pictures i am in Peterborough so can pop along for a look. Also, should the new buyer require transportation I am willing to offer a 10% discount via my company www.thistletowing.co.uk to any club member. (I am a club member and montego owner)

Comment

Working...
      X