Wanted late diesel Montego engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted late diesel Montego engine.

As above i have bought a very sound 94 montego estate that needs no welding but the engine is shot. Somebody has replaced it before and got half through the transplant and realised the engine is no good so a number of parts are missing mainly gear linkages and air box but I don't no what else. So was just wondering if there is a complete car out there running but with little chance of getting back on the road, I don't want to break a good car thanks. I've was bitten by the montego bug at an early age, 9 when my dad bought a metallic red estate D88 WFV , wow that boot was big compared to a. Metro ! Then within a few months the diesel was launched and he ordered a Henley blue estate from Southern bros in Blackburn G706 GHG. It seemed like we went every night for a month to see if it had been delivered and was in there compound. It got delivered to us on 31/7/89 and I sat in it for hours on the drive. Thanks in advance Andrew.Forgot to say located in Lancashire.

John maybe able to help, doctordiesel77
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I've got a late (egr/2 stage injectors) one in bits, but not all of the bits are there, most of mine are the older ones. What is wrong with your engine? I've only ever seen one that was shot, it had a rod through the block.. not hard to diagnose The air cleaner is the same as a petrol one, not sure if I have a spare as some got used...gear linkages also the same as petrol & I should have one somewhere.....bad news is that the skeleton of the engine is behind the interior of the Tandy camper, so will not be accessible for a while....

Comment

Working...
      X