Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOR SALE Austin Maestro Clubman Westfield, Nr. Hastings, East Sussex £1,000 SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR SALE Austin Maestro Clubman Westfield, Nr. Hastings, East Sussex £1,000 SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

A one owner from new, first registered 28/01/91, Austin Maestro Clubman 1275cc has come into my possession from an elderly gentleman in his nineties who has now given up driving. In the 27 years of his ownership the car was always been garaged overnight in a warm integral unit in the family home.

I would love to keep this rare vehicle because I am a Classic Car fanatic, but I have three classics already!

The MOT expired 22/1/18. A fresh MOT will be provided for the new owner. The current mileage is just over 72,000.
    The engine starts readily and performs well. No blue smoke or untoward noises. Oil filler clear of mayonnaise. The four speed gearbox is slick with good synchro. Clutch holds well; no slipping. Brakes are reassuring and pull in a straight line. Steering precise and not unduly heavy without PAS.

So, I would like to arrange an early sale please.

The documentation includes:-
    All the MOTs except latest one!
    Maestro Owner Information & Service Record
    Maestro Owner’s Handbook
    The In-Car Entertainment booklet
    Various receipts and misc. items of correspondence

The Service Record shows the Main Dealer carried out the first service at 1,149 miles on 10/06/91 and the next services due at 3,039 miles on 16/09/91 and 5,168 miles on 27/03/92 presumably to comply with the warranty conditions.
    All subsequent servicing was carried out by the owner who is a mechanical engineer by profession!

The bodywork is in extraordinary condition with just one minor rust perforation and one patch weld. See photos of o/s rear wheel arch and end of sill adjacent.
    The rear hatch has a few small paint imperfections adjoining the bottom edge of the glass, a usual culprit on even the best kept Maestros I understand!
    I have tried to capture this on the photos.

The radio has been hidden behind an easily removable section of the plastic, black to match the fascia. A reminder of when radio/casette players were very thief attractive!

The tyres are four matching Runway 155/80R13 by Enduro with very little tread wear.

The spare is a serviceable used Dunlop.

Original jack and tools are present.

There are two sets of keys

The headlining has inevitably drooped and has been secured over the rear seats with plastic prongs. The pop-up sunroof surround holds the front section aloft!

The car is in Westfield, near Hastings TN35 4QT
    and is available for viewing most weekdays and weekends.

Please ring Derrick on 01424 756008 for further info. or to arrange a viewing of this lovely well-cared for vehicle which has been the pride and joy for one enthusiast since new. So few come up for sale in this condition!
    Last edited by edward1; 1st March 2018, 20:27. Reason: Price reduction

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
    X