MONTEGO script boot badge for Rover Montego 1991

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] MONTEGO script boot badge for Rover Montego 1991

Perhaps I am searching for hen's teeth here as I am a new member. Does anyone have any advice please on whether this raised lettering script badge of the word' Montego' for the boot lid is available anywhere as a new part still on the shelf of a garage somewhere please ? Mine needs replacing. Thank you. Richard

Richard, The Montego badge is part number JRC6789. AE Wilcox of Wickwar have one in stock. Contact John Wilcox there on01454 294213. He is very helpful. Out of interest, the badge is also available in black and Wilcox have 4 of these.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Hello Pete, thank you very much indeed for this very helpful info. I rang the garage and spoke to Martin Evans. The part was posted out to me and arrived yesterday. What excellent knowledge you have, great that a small garage has bought old stock of parts in and they are available. I am very pleased. My only gripe was the excessive postage charge of £5-00 Wilcox and Co charged, which was ridiculous for such a flat item that Royal Mail only charged £2-90 for when it was posted. But I am pleased with the outcome. thank you. Richard

Comment

You do have to remember that it will have probably required an envolope and a trip to the post office!

Comment

Postage sounds pretty reasonable to me....Rimmers generally charge a fiver plus vat

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
            Postage sounds pretty reasonable to me....Rimmers generally charge a fiver plus vat
            Same here, post is reasonable imo.
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

i've just seen this post !!!! shame i've got one on that boot lid you gave me jeff.

Comment

Working...
              X