Maestro End Plenum closing RH and LH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Maestro End Plenum closing RH and LH

To finish off the under bonnet details on my Maestro Turbo I'm looking for parts PAM1332 and PAM1333.
    Best, Colin.

Colin, According to MGRoverPartfinder, Damon and Kroes in the Netherlands have a PAM1332 in stock. Might be worth contacting, but be aware they may be asking an extortionate amount for it. Quite a few members have found this with them. Unfortunately the 1333 part seems to be NLA anywhere, so you will be relying on the goodwill of other members or finding a breaker.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

are they not just ordinary core plugs? Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-010-Cup...g/263460422627. I don't think they are the cheapest supplier and you'd have to measure the hole to get the correct diameter, but gives you an idea of the mark up on them...or mark down if Rimmers can actually get PAM1332 from their suppliers for 38p plus vat.https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PAM1332 Mostly if I've back ordered stuff from them there seems to be a 25% chance of actually getting it, but worth a shot..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
        are they not just ordinary core plugs? Like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-010-Cup...g/263460422627. I don't think they are the cheapest supplier and you'd have to measure the hole to get the correct diameter, but gives you an idea of the mark up on them...or mark down if Rimmers can actually get PAM1332 from their suppliers for 38p plus vat.https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PAM1332 Mostly if I've back ordered stuff from them there seems to be a 25% chance of actually getting it, but worth a shot..
        Not sure you've got the right part there! The closing panel that Colin is looking for attaches to each end of the large plastic panel that is fitted across the rear of the engine bay to cover the heater plenum chamber. These have to be seperate so as to fit around the bonnet hinge. Rimmers supplier is Xpart who would then get it from one of their dealers who have it in stock. In this case it will be Wilcox.
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Thanks Pete, yes they are the closing panels that fit around the bonnet hinge. We've reached out to AE Wilcox last week who are checking their stock, and I e-mailed the Netherlands last night. If NLA then we'll probably make something up. Cheers.

Comment

I have made mine in the past.

I used thick black plastic sheet about 2mm thick and simply cut to shape. It can also be bent by carefully heating with a hair drier.

The sheet is the sort used in railway modelling etc. and readily available on ebay..

Comment

ooops! ...yes..I was on the other plenum ha ha.. looking the part number up might have saved me there...I might have some at the back of a shelf somewhere if none turn up from Wilcoxs..

Comment

We've made some - looking good. Thanks for all the feedback.

Comment

Well done.

I also made the rectangle foam buffers that glue onto the plastic "closing ends".

Comment

Yep, we're making those as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X