For Free - 2 MG Maestros, Montego TD Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Free - 2 MG Maestros, Montego TD Estate

Poor health and age has caught up - I need to be realistic.
    I have for free :
    1. MG Maestro red, M16 engine conversion, nearly up together. Took interior out as there was an annoying leak. Everything there to finish off. V Nippy !
    2. MG Maestro, shell rebuild. It is just a shell. The reg is E999MEL, alone worth circ £2k. It is mainly black. 3 doors new, 4th reskinned. Body is solid.
    3. Montego TD estate. Body gone, v good TD engine and gbox. Used to store car bits !
    4. A stack of stuff - bumpers, alloys, v good seats, etc. You could fill a big van.
    Why free - I'm on IOW - so trailer + car return is circ £150.
    I'm not posting anything, so it's come and get it !!
    Don't want to see it go to scrap.
    Reply / PM if interested or have questions

I'm at the wrong end of the country (far north of England), will do some sums and see just how far I can push the bank manager...three trips might make him cough a bit... How soon do you want them gone??

Comment

Hi Dd
      Thanks for your interest !
      Yes that's quite a trip but I'd be so pleased to see a good home
      The Montego bodywork is v bad so we could hook out the engine potentially
      I need to shift them this Spring if that helps
      Andy

Comment

I'll see if I can get hold of another towing vehicle that would take a car and work out how sensible it all looks, prob easiest to leave Montego in one bit as it would hold a bit of the other stuff...at least spring allows a bit of tome for planning ...
        cheers
        John

Comment

Ok DD - looks like a plan - glad you are interested - this is only if you are going to rebuild them - though if coming that far I guess you are !!
          Me and the wife will miss them - I know them inside out. The montego lasted 12 years, took our family everywhere and still did over 50 mpg. btw it easily passed the smoke test at MOT, just failed on 33 body places !!!
          I see you've pm'd me so will respond there too

Comment

If it's any help I can vouch for doctor diesel (john) he has plenty of parts/space/knowlage/tools to rebuild them.
            he's also as honest a genuine guy, he built my montego turbo more for the experience than profit.

Comment

Many thanks Autofitservices ! That's very reassuring - I have been in contact with John and looks like they will go to a good home - if he can get this far !!

Comment

Working...
              X