No announcement yet.

1986 AUSTIN MAESTRO 1.6 AUTOMATIC SILVER LEAF 60K MILES MOT FEB 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1986 AUSTIN MAESTRO 1.6 AUTOMATIC SILVER LEAF 60K MILES MOT FEB 2019

I have for sale my 1986 Maestro 1.6 Automatic. It has just passed its MOT with no advisories and has 60K on the clock and fully documented service history. I purchased the car four years ago and it was converted to run on unleaded by the previous owner in 2013. It was also converted to manual choke in 1998. In my ownership I have replaced the rear drum cylinders and shoes and front brake pads, front wheel bearings, new rocker cover gasket, gearbox sump, leads and plugs. A new replacement screen was fitted in September 2017. It has been serviced each year and has never let me down, being my daily driver with regular runs up to the North of England and over to France. There is no rust on the chassis or underbody, although there is some slight surface rust on the leading edge of the offside rear wheel arch and the same to the front nearside wheel arch rim. There is damage to the front passenger door where someone reversed into the car. I made a stab at repair. The door opens and shuts true, but the repair work is no starting to show. Also position 1 and 2 for the heater fan do not work, a common fault with the resistors being worn down. The highest setting works though and above 30 mph the ram effect ensures optimum temperature without the blowers. Automatic has some features for higher specced models such as chrome door handles, plusher interior trim and carpets (trim code JNR can't find the colour), headrests, electronic clock, separate rear washer and carpeted rear parcel shelf. It has an early S Series engine and the VW auto box is smooth and does nor chase up and down the gears. Average fuel consumption for town and country is around 37 miles per gallon. I have upgraded the steering wheel to an blue leather VDP wheel as well as fitting original VDP wool front and rear mats. The original radio cassette player works so too do the front speakers. I have also fitted rare 14" cheese grater alloys, complete with centre caps and they are shod with Goodyear 4 seasons tyres with around 10k and plenty of tread. I had no problems negotiating the snow and slush around my area yesterday. The original steering wheel and steel wheels with good tyres and two spare (Nexen for the cheese graters) will go with the car. The silver leaf colour and the alloys really compliments the Maestro's angular lines. The car is a pleasure to drive, roomy, airy and very little road or wind noise. Reason for selling is no isofix for the baby and reducing the family fleet what with the new addition to the family. Looking for around £1000 for the car complete. Or Around £700 without the cheese graters and VDP steering wheel. Open, of course, to offers. Car located SE London. Have more photos if required. Many thanks Jim
    Last edited by piratehatter; 3rd March 2018, 22:23.

AMENDMENT TO ABOVE. Surface rust is on the leading edge of offside rear wheel arch and front nearside wheel arch rim and NOT the D posts which are immaculate. Thanks. Jim.

Comment

Working...
    X