MG MAESTRO TURBO IGNITION ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] MG MAESTRO TURBO IGNITION ECU

Urgently needed Lucas type ECU as my ECU was sent for repair and lost in transit.
    Banbury, Oxon

I have got one knocking around somewhere I will have a look for you.. regards ricky
    home of the "mad maestro"
    rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
    1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

I have found it it is an adu 8479... it was working until I converted my car to mems 1.9, and has been in a dry cupboard ever since.. 07884358800 regards ricky

Comment

Can I ask more about the mems conversion Ricky?

Comment

you can what do you need to know

Comment

What car is it from etc? I have a montego turbo with the Eric ecu and I believe it's faulty. I was thinking of converting to the older Lucas style but when I seen your Mems comment it got me thinking was they another way?

Comment

mems is possible on the 8v engine either by fitting a cam sensor for the early system or flywheel for the wasted spark system, they come from the 16v 2 litre engine with either turbo or non turbo, obviously you need to fit the full system, the wasted spark system is by far the easier of the two to fit.. the clutch can be used from the 2.0 16v engine as well, they both have the pg1 box.. if you are local to me you are most welcome to see my conversion.. you will need to fuel inject the engine as well if not already done... regards ricky

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ricky. Unfortunately that's a bit much for me I'm wanting to keep it not to far away from original with regarding injection etc.
                thanks anyway though.

Comment

there is also a lot more as well, but that is the basics, I have also done a lot of heat proofing I use a water cooled turbo, and much development along the way the only thing I haven't done yet is the emerald ecu for more precise tuning and power, is deffo a lot of work and not for everyone.. regards ricky

Comment

David now reports that he has been sent an ECU by another member, thank you for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X