Windscreen for 1992 Montego estate 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Windscreen for 1992 Montego estate 1.6

Desperately need a new windscreen for our monty as the current one has a ginormous crack and has just failed the MOT because of it... Will travel pretty much anywhere to collect.

Also, are all Montego windscreens the same? I've seen one for sale but the supplier said it wasn't compatible with our model of montego, despite it being listed as fitting various other montego saloons and estates... can anyone shed any light?

There’s a chap in Leeds who has some clear Triplex ones on eBay for £110 or best offer to collect. Don’t know if Rimmers still have any of the tinted ones left. They will all fit, some may say the clear doesn’t fit your model as it may have had tinted as standard.

Comment

Jeez!!! Just found bronze tinted at rimmers for £373 ish!! I’d go with the clear triplex on eBay, offer £90 and see what happens!!!

Comment

Hi, thank you for the advice I had a feeling they were all the same - they certainly look it, but wasn't sure enough to risk buying one that didn't fit! I've just bought the one from ebay and hopefully can pick it up in time for the re-test next week.
        Now we just have to hope that when they take the old one out all the moss and rust doesn't crumble away otherwise there'll be nothing to fix the new one too!! ;>

thanks again

Comment

While the 3 big national names may suck through their teeth and say 'ain't got anything that old!', have you actually tried any small local independent screen fitters?
          No more than 4 to 5 years ago I had a new one supplied and fitted to my race car for less than £150 !
          midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Working...
          X