Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego Estate in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire free (well almost free) to good home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Estate in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire free (well almost free) to good home

I've been contacted by Phil Scott on behalf of his father. Phil has written the following:

I have four new tyres for it that I haven't fitted yet, and I fixed the alternator after I took it out so it now charges the battery. The brakes need some work as it would appear the gravity valves aren't functioning. The left hand rear brake is the only one doing anything, although the handbrake obviously works. People can contact me through here if they want, or send me WhatsApps or texts on 07733 095131. I'm in Henley-in-Arden, so Warwickshire. It's free to a good home provided it gets restored, and the dad gets to see the finished article. So far we've been offered 200 quid for it for scrap, and I'd hope it's worth more than that, bearing in mind the alternator repair and the tyres have just cost that. I can put the tyres on if required, at the moment they're in the boot. It also has brand new boot gas struts, and had head gasket, water pump and cambelt just before it was laid up. It did also have a new exhaust, but not sure how good that is now.

Phil has also gone on to write:

Dad was after membership to the owners club etc in lieu of payment for it
    I think he'd rather it went to a good home than got crushed, as he had it from brand new it has some sentimental value.
    I did put a new Turbo on it before it was laid up as well, same time as the head gasket and stuff.

Please note that if you take this Montego estate on, there is the expectation that you will restore it and put it back on the road. Essentially the Montego is free, but Phil's father would like a year's membership to the club, so you would be expected to pay the £18 for that.

If you have any questions, please contact Phil directly.

Thank you

More photos:

Comment

Last batch of photos:

Comment

Is the car still available

Comment

Working...
        X