Announcement

Collapse

Please read BEFORE posting a for sale or wanted ad

Due to the increase number of for sale and wanted threads appearing, the need for a few 'ground rules' has arisen.
  • Please begin your thread title with either 'FOR SALE' or 'WANTED' to avoid confusion.
  • Please state your location, even if this is available on your profile.
  • When selling, please indicate a price.
  • Where possible, please try to include pictures (this applies mostly to vehicles rather than parts) as it will improve your chances of a sale.
  • Try also posting your advert in the proper Classifieds section on the club website.
  • And finally, please post when your item has sold or you have found what you are looking for so we can close the thread to avoid unnecessary hassle.

Adverts not conforming to this structure may be locked without notice until the necessary changes are implemented to avoid the unnecessary clogging up of the forum with people repeatedly asking the same questions.

Many thanks
See more
See less

Maestro 2.0EFi timing belt tensioner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Maestro 2.0EFi timing belt tensioner

Has anyone got one of these they could sell me or know where a retailer might have something in stock? My car is with a repairer having a couple of jobs done and they can't get hold of the right part from their usual supplier or from Rimmers.

Timing belt tensioner for 2.0 EFi Maestro O series. It is a 1985 model and I don't know if they altered over time or not so have included a picture of the one that has been removed from the car.

Nick

It does look like the early one is different. Plenty of 86 on out there. I could not find anything for the early type engine. Might be worth investigating inline O series engine parts from the Marina, Princess sherpa etc?

Comment

This link, might not be the one, but it does give specific engine codes, which might help. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gates-Tim...AAAOSw2kZZb3iG

Comment

Not sure , but I think Jeff Turbo modified a ford tensioner for one of his engines give him a shout he might be able to help .

Comment

Thanks both,
          Dave you are right. I found Jeff's thread last night in the depths of the forum and I have bought a Ford Pinto tensioner from eBay which the garage doing the work is going to modify and fit. I didn't think a service item like this would be totally unobtainable but if everything changed in 1986 then there won't be many cars left with the same arrangement as mine. I drew a blank on Ital, Ambassador and SD1 as well.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
            Thanks both,
            Dave you are right. I found Jeff's thread last night in the depths of the forum and I have bought a Ford Pinto tensioner from eBay which the garage doing the work is going to modify and fit. I didn't think a service item like this would be totally unobtainable but if everything changed in 1986 then there won't be many cars left with the same arrangement as mine. I drew a blank on Ital, Ambassador and SD1 as well.

Nick
            Nice one

Comment

Has anyone got one of these they could sell me or know where a retailer might have something in stock? My car is with a repairer having a couple of jobs done and they can't get hold of the right part from their usual supplier or from Rimmers.

Timing belt tensioner for 2.0 EFi Maestro O series. It is a 1985 model and I don't know if they altered over time or not so have included a picture of the one that has been removed from the car.

Nick

Are you sorted, I have a whole gaggle of early and very late bits and pieces for a 2.0EFi, I could go look.

Comment

Thanks both,

Nick
                Glad my post helped Nick, its an easy modification and Ford Pinto engine tensioners are quite cheap as they also fit a Transit
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. My youth
                1984 MG Montego EFi. with digital dash
                1984 MG Montego EFI. Paint done, Interior to do
                2002 MGZS 180. Cheap 50 car
                2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                2004 MGZT V8. What a car, my fave atm

Comment

Thanks for the kind offer Soulcharger; no need to look on this occasion as I used Jeff's experience to source the Ford item. The early tensioners do seem to be completely different to anything else for the 1984 & 1985 cars and eBay seems to be best avoided unless the photograph shows the actual item.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X