Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick RS
    replied
    Thanks for the kind offer Soulcharger; no need to look on this occasion as I used Jeff's experience to source the Ford item. The early tensioners do seem to be completely different to anything else for the 1984 & 1985 cars and eBay seems to be best avoided unless the photograph shows the actual item.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
    Thanks both,
    Dave you are right. I found Jeff's thread last night in the depths of the forum and I have bought a Ford Pinto tensioner from eBay which the garage doing the work is going to modify and fit. I didn't think a service item like this would be totally unobtainable but if everything changed in 1986 then there won't be many cars left with the same arrangement as mine. I drew a blank on Ital, Ambassador and SD1 as well.

Nick
    Glad my post helped Nick, its an easy modification and Ford Pinto engine tensioners are quite cheap as they also fit a Transit

Leave a comment:

• Soulcharger
    replied
    Has anyone got one of these they could sell me or know where a retailer might have something in stock? My car is with a repairer having a couple of jobs done and they can't get hold of the right part from their usual supplier or from Rimmers.

Timing belt tensioner for 2.0 EFi Maestro O series. It is a 1985 model and I don't know if they altered over time or not so have included a picture of the one that has been removed from the car.

Nick

Are you sorted, I have a whole gaggle of early and very late bits and pieces for a 2.0EFi, I could go look.

Leave a comment:

• maestro dave
    replied
    Thanks both,
    Dave you are right. I found Jeff's thread last night in the depths of the forum and I have bought a Ford Pinto tensioner from eBay which the garage doing the work is going to modify and fit. I didn't think a service item like this would be totally unobtainable but if everything changed in 1986 then there won't be many cars left with the same arrangement as mine. I drew a blank on Ital, Ambassador and SD1 as well.

Nick
    Nice one

Leave a comment:

• Nick RS
    replied
    Thanks both,

Nick

Leave a comment:

• maestro dave
    replied
    Not sure , but I think Jeff Turbo modified a ford tensioner for one of his engines give him a shout he might be able to help .

Leave a comment:

• Jez
    replied
    This link, might not be the one, but it does give specific engine codes, which might help. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gates-Tim...AAAOSw2kZZb3iG

Leave a comment:

• Jez
    replied
    It does look like the early one is different. Plenty of 86 on out there. I could not find anything for the early type engine. Might be worth investigating inline O series engine parts from the Marina, Princess sherpa etc?

Leave a comment:

• Nick RS
    started a topic Maestro 2.0EFi timing belt tensioner

Maestro 2.0EFi timing belt tensioner

Has anyone got one of these they could sell me or know where a retailer might have something in stock? My car is with a repairer having a couple of jobs done and they can't get hold of the right part from their usual supplier or from Rimmers.

Timing belt tensioner for 2.0 EFi Maestro O series. It is a 1985 model and I don't know if they altered over time or not so have included a picture of the one that has been removed from the car.

Nick

Working...
X