Wanted Maestro MG EFI or Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Maestro MG EFI or Turbo

Wanted MG Maestro EFI or Turbo. This is my first post, so apologies if I've put it in the wrong place, not really looking for a big project as want to enjoy it now. Thanks in advance. Simon

What's your budget, as that will define how much of a project or fully useable car you will be able to afford. Also, how far are you prepared to travel to find the car of your choice.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Few on eBay at the minute. One appears to be an over priced project which strangely has passed an mot and the other probably won't reach its reserve as its been for sale for 13k for quite a while.
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Thanks guys, yes been to view some of the ones on ebay and gum tree. I'm looking at the Cat C one on Gum Tree on Sunday. Travelling is not really an issue for the right car. Do you think 3 Grand could get me a sensible EFI ? 5k for a Turbo ? your thoughts.

Comment

All depends on how much work needs doing to the car. If you want a,' drive me now car', you'll need to pay more. Be aware though all these cars are getting on a bit so will need be maintained more that a modern car. At £5k for a turbo these days it will need work
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Yes i get that, i dont mind maintenance, i've had Lancia's and Beetles etc. I just dont want to weld up a whole car before i can drive it. i'm getting that my budget maybe unrealistic.

Comment

A three grand efi is probably going to be in better nick than a five grand turbo and will be less picky when it comes to maintenance. Depends on your plans really, turbo would likely be the better investment, but efi would be cheaper for everyday use.

Comment

Have you got a link for the one on gumtree? For some reason I cant find it.
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

My bad, the Black EFI on car and classic .

Comment

Originally posted by itspatina View Post
                    My bad, the Black EFI on car and classic .
                    Seems a reasonably good example with a bit of good history. Always have a view before you buy would be my advise. At this price it look good at todays values but you never know
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Have you seen in the back ground in the barn looks like a couple of maestros hiding

Comment

I think the chap is a member, fingers crossed it's a nice one.

Comment

Wouldnt mind finding out if hes selling others.i may want one or a 2.0 montego for the summer

Comment

Theres a few on ebay at the moment.also theres one on flickr thats been in a london street for 2 years .ive tracked the owner down he wants 700 but it doesnt run

Comment

Been track day’d so have a real good look and inspection!

Comment

Working...
                              X