wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] wanted

Diesel head or complete diesel engine (turbo or non) for my maestro van. Need to be in useable condition. I am in KT8 area, near Hampton court.

How quickly do you need it and what is wrong with the head you have? Is it cracked or just warped/grooved?

Comment

I need it asap really. I have three heads now, the original is pitted from being welded and because there isn't enough mating surface for the gasket, blew. The other two were used on a volvo penta marine. One I was told was for spares as it is cracked, the other apparently good and now fitted, is squirting coolant out through the injector so I am presuming is also cracked!

Comment

I've got a few bits but not sure which ones I'll end up needing, I could sort through them and see if any heads are spare, doesn't sound like your old ones are repairable... might end up with a spare engine too...but I am in the far north and it will be a few weeks before I am heading south... Parts seem to be getting scarce, due to so many being exported for boat use..I'll see if I can work out what I have and whether I need it all.

Comment

Sorry I hadnt got back to you sooner. Yes that would be great, I could pay courier costs too if you find something. Many thanks.

Comment

No problem, I'm trying to work out how much of the stuff I need, just took an engine out of a van, it had rusted up pistons, which meant that I never saw it running, so don't know what head is like, but it is complete. There should be a head that I skimmed as a spare somewhere, which will just be the bare head with no cam etc, but I haven't found it yet.. If I gamble that I'll find another by the tim I get my Tandy welded back together, there is a complete non turbo engine out of a 68,000 mile car, that seems in good nick. I got a car one as the vans always seem to have been hammered and burning oil! It will probably be on its original timing belt, so ready for a change I guess.

Comment

Well with the three bad heads I already have, I have enough parts so a bare head will be fine. I look forward to hearing from you then, cheers.

Comment

found it...are you going to PoL?

Comment

Working...
                X