NAM1181 rear strut mounting rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] NAM1181 rear strut mounting rubber

I know it's tough to find but hopefully somebody will have one ?

I am expecting to need some too when I get round to the rear struts on mine. I don't recall ever seeing any at the usual spaces but note that a rubber ice hockey puck is almost the same size, readily available and cheap so was thinking of giving them a try when the time comes.

Comment

I wondered if any Land Rover ones could be adapted, not sure if hole in these would be too big, but an inexpensive experiment. Some of the other bushes look quite promising too, like the pro comp shock absorber bushes..https://www.paddockspares.com/572068...ront-axle.html

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
        I wondered if any Land Rover ones could be adapted, not sure if hole in these would be too big, but an inexpensive experiment. Some of the other bushes look quite promising too, like the pro comp shock absorber bushes..https://www.paddockspares.com/572068...ront-axle.html
        I'm sure with some looking about and try and see tactics something will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
          I am expecting to need some too when I get round to the rear struts on mine. I don't recall ever seeing any at the usual spaces but note that a rubber ice hockey puck is almost the same size, readily available and cheap so was thinking of giving them a try when the time comes.
          I managed to find a batch of 10 brand new original pieces.

Comment

Amazing result. If you find you have more than you need or want then there is a ready buyer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick RS View Post
              Amazing result. If you find you have more than you need or want then there is a ready buyer here.
              I'll only need 2 will pass on the rest, but already I have lots of people asking I'll keep you posted.

Comment

That is some find. Well done.

Comment

If you are selling some on I would like a pair?

Comment

Did anyone ever find a solution for an alternative to this, I have 2 rotten pairs so need new ones

Comment

Originally posted by Gmc101 View Post
                      Did anyone ever find a solution for an alternative to this, I have 2 rotten pairs so need new ones

Hi, yes I did I found 10 Bulgaria at an old Rover dealer, he was happy to get rid of them, they're all gone now though.

Comment

Working...
                      X