1983 Austin Maestro vdp for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Austin Maestro vdp for sale

I am sadly having to part with my lovely mk 1 Maestro due to having a few other cars and change in plans.

I have owned this car since May 2005 and it has been garaged from day one of my ownership.

Just after I purchased the car, I fully waxoiled it to preserve its brilliant overall original condition.

What drew my attention to this example back in 2005 was the fact that its an extremely rare colour and its very low mileage which is believed to be genuine.

The car is in lovely condition throughout with only several minor issues that could be attended to make it mint.
    - the headling is sagging slightly
    - its missing its chrome insert from the nearside front bumper
    - it has a few superficial rust patches (around the front windscreen and a single small bubble on the offside rear arch)
    - it has had a couple of weld repairs to the sills (door shuts) which do the job but dont fit in with the look of the rest of the sill
    - the nearside rear door has been resprayed at some point and the colour is slightly lighter than the cars original colour (this is only obvious if looked at closely)
    - it has a few minor dings here and there but this only reflects the cars age.
    The above said - the car has its original dealership numberplates and a strange and possibly unique dealership metal plaque on the nearside front door sill. It is finished in Opaline green which is known to be very rare. It is sitting on its original tyres which have escped the usual cracks, perishing and bulges associated with old tyres.

This was the top of the range maestro in its day and therfore it has the usual Vanden Plas extras including
    - electric front windows
    - bronze tinted glass
    - the famous talking digital dashbourd/computer
    - Motorola radio/cassette unit
    - chrome grille/door handles and wingmirrors
    - 5 speed gearbox

This car has had three owners from new (including myself) and has covered a mere 17,170 miles from new.

In the time Ive owned this vehicle, Ive fully waxoiled it, replaced the rocker cover gasket and given it a full service. It runs perfectly and drives perfectly. Ive Mot'd it once in my ownership (March 2007) and it flew through only needing a washer jet unclogging for it to pass - since then it has sat in a garage so nothing has changed so to speak. I have ran and driven the car around the block regularly during my time owning it.

Please note - the central locking is faulty at the moment due to the master unit failing. I am currently trying to source one. Also, in the side on shot of the car showing the black plastic door handle on the drivers door - this has now been replaced with a chrome item to original spec and to match the rest of them.

More pictures avaliable on request. Any Questions - dont hesitate to contact me on 07886412056

offers in the £700 pound region please

Looks very nice. I am on the look for a mint one of these & preferably with a digital dash but not essential. However I'm in no hurry & will keep a few in mind.

That garage "Monty Smith" must still be trading as i have a link to their Ebay shop omn my PC.
    Last edited by The Express Valeter; 17th October 2007, 21:38.

Comment

Couple more pictures to help your sale bud...

Comment

Hi there..

Can I ask does anyone know where this Opaline VP ended up at all?..I would really love to add her to my oplaine collection.
        MG 1600 Maestro Opaline, MG Metro 1300 Opaline and MG Metro Turbo Opaline. I have three Maestro VPs, One series 1 and two series 2 cars. Been looking for an Oplaine series 1. Hope this is still around somewhere. Thanks . Anthony BentleyBoy 07704 493221

Comment

As far as I know this car met a not very nice ending!

Comment

disapeared off the dvla website in 2008 but could be laid up In a garage or scraped

Comment

I seem to remember it getting stolen.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... What a shame.. Ah well, if anyone finds it or another , which I doubt, do let me know. See you at The NEC in March MG FED Stand, some fabulous Metros to behold.
                Cheers. Anton

Comment

Working...
                X