MG Saloon Day 8 July 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Saloon Day 8 July 2012

The ZR/ZS/ZT Register is pleased to announce that it is to team up the MG ‘M’ Group (the independent club focused on the MG Metro, Maestro and Montego) in organising this year’s MG Saloon Day. The event, established by MG ‘M’ Group, has been run annually for a number of years. This year MGSD is to be held on the 8th July at the Shuttleworth Collection, near Biggleswade, Bedfordshire (just west of the A1). The Shuttleworth Collection depicts the history of flight from the early 1900s to the 1950s. There is also a vehicle section, displaying vintage and veteran cars, motorcycles and bicycles. A special rate has been negotiated for those wishing to visit the museum in addition to attending MGSD.

As in previous years, MG Saloon Day is open to all models of MG and Rover, old or new.

The show will feature:

• Club and forum displays
    • Metro 30th Anniversary Line-up
    • Pride of Ownership – 5 classes for MG Z cars (ZR, ZS, ZT, Modified & Best Overall)
    • Register Reglia
    • Traders and Autojumble

Tickets and pricing:

Prepaid

Entry Pass (one car and driver/passenger) £7
    Club Stand (includes 3 car passes) £20
    Trader (car/van & trailer & driver/passenger) £20
    Order online via www.mgmgroup.org.uk

On the Day

Entry Pass (one car and driver/passenger) £8
    Club Stand (includes 3 car passes) – N/A
    Trader (car/van & trailer & driver/passenger) £25

MGSD tickets only give you entry to the show.

There is additional cost to enter the Shuttleworth Collection Attractions, though at a discounted rate.

Email: mgsd2012@hotmail.co.uk Facebook

I am going to this. I own four MG Saloon cars so my main problem is deciding which one to take!

Comment

Alas, I can't make it again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple View Post
        I am going to this. I own four MG Saloon cars so my main problem is deciding which one to take!
        I never take my ZT, always has to be one of the Maestros.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
          That's one lesson learned from Pride of Longbridge. Never go to a show in a 75 or ZT...you're always guaranteed to see another that's identical. At least with a Maestro or Montego you are very unlikely to find a matching example. (Steve W take note)

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
            That's one lesson learned from Pride of Longbridge. Never go to a show in a 75 or ZT...you're always guaranteed to see another that's identical. At least with a Maestro or Montego you are very unlikely to find a matching example. (Steve W take note)

What do you mean, SHOW? If you're trying to avoid identical cars Steve Worsley can't take his 75 HOME!
            Sam Skelton

RED995R - Triumph Stag - Once shot by Sir Patrick Stewart.
            E225CMV - Austin Montego 2.0HL - "Like an MG on weed!"
            H475PDA - Rover Montego DSLX auto - Possibly unique
            J615NJU - SAAB 9000 2.3 Turbo - Replacing gearbox. Then selling..
            L384WRH - Citroen XM TCT SEi auto - The Starship Francoprise...
            OV02MZY - Volvo V70 T5 SE - Replaced by above. For sale soon.
            PA02DXB - Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE auto - Bought because it was cheap. Fleet getting out of hand now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
              Last year you were in the ZS though.

I won't be attending this year. Too far. But I'm not complaining. For the last two years it's been under 100 miles away.
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Indeed i did John, VP hadn't made it's return to the road at that point!

Got some lovely pictures of it next to NAV

Just weeks before it was written off , that was such a great car which i spent so much money on.
                Attached Files

Comment

Shame. It was a nice car.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
                  MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I will be at Bromley Pageant for anyone who wants to chat to me about a MMOC stand.

Anyone setting up a stand are requested to have prepaid tickets so they can get on site before the official start.

Also, require estimated numbers for stand area before end of June.

Patrick

Comment

A bit too far for me I'm afraid!

Ray
                      MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                      Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                      MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

I'm going in my turbo, one of the last meetings before I mothball it for a while. I'm being followed by an MGZT260 V8, hope he can keep up
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I intend taking the MG Montego. Hopefully it will have returned from MAPS after a stage of restoration behind the scenes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin-Rover View Post
                            I know, it is fantastic, isn't it? Seeing all those Rover 75s in a stunning location, with lots of like-minded enthusiasts never far away.

My idea of motoring heaven!

Comment

Information you may find useful about MG Saloon Day 8/7/2012

Autojumble: No additional cost for selling a few bits. Trailers will be classed as traders, which is additional.
                              Car Models: All models of MG, Rover and Austin are welcome.
                              Cash machine: Supermarket on the Biggleswade A1 roundabout.
                              Children: Free under 16.
                              Concours d’Elegance: £2 Entry form at MGM Group and ZR/ZS/ZT Stand
                              Food: There is food for sale onsite.
                              Fuel: Supermarket on the Bigglewade A1 roundabout.
                              How to get there: Head to Biggleswade on the A1. When you get to the roundabout with the supermarket on the NE corner, take the road west, following the brown signs and the MG signs.
                              Judging: Cars entered in the competitions will be judged from 11am
                              Organisers web address: www.mgmgroup.org.uk www.mgcc.co.uk/zedregister
                              Passengers: Free to enter show.
                              Pets: Sorry, no dogs allowed onsite.
                              Pride of Ownership: £2 Entry form at MGM Group and ZR/ZS/ZT Stand
                              Show Address: Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden Aerodrome, Nr Biggleswade, SG18 9EP
                              Show Costs: £8 per car on the day. Venue attractions are at a discounted rate. Competitions £2
                              Show Email: mgsd2012@hotmail.co.uk
                              Show Parking: Directed to your car’s model area, unless you state that you are on a club stand. Make sure the organisers know about it before 29/6
                              Show Payments: Cash only on the day.
                              Show Times: 10am – 4pm Prepaid entry from 8am Judging from 11am
                              Sound Systems: No loud music is allowed.
                              Stands: Various clubs and forums have stands. Book club / forum stands by 29/6. Setting up are advised to prepay, so they can get on site from 8am
                              Traders: Classed as a van and / or trailer.
                              Venue web address: www.shuttleworth.org
                              Venue Costs: Discounted entry with proof of show entry.
                              Wanted: All models of Metro and Rover 100 for the 30th anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                              X