Gaydon show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaydon show

I may have missed this elsewhere on the forum, but....is the club having a stand at the BMC/BL Day at Gaydon in July?

Thanks

Andrew

BMC & Leyland Show - Sunday 5th July

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
    I may have missed this elsewhere on the forum, but....is the club having a stand at the BMC/BL Day at Gaydon in July?

Thanks

Andrew
    Yes we are. It's on Sunday 5th July.

I'll try and get some more details up this week, but I would suggest that if members on here would like to be on the club stand (I don't think we have a limit of spaces, but I'll need to check), put your name down in this thread.

There will be the usual Cowley Convoy leaving from MINI Plant Oxford that those coming from the Oxfordshire direction might like to join, and I am hoping to start a Longbridge Convoy leaving from MG Motors, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Also, new for this year is a concours (to run alongside the Mini/MINI concours) which is being managed by Tom Morley. I'll put more details of that up when I get them. So for those of you who enjoy cleaning, that might be something for you. It would be good to seeing some Maestros and Montegos in this concours.

Comment

Gaydon show and Longbridge convoy to

Hi Tanya

Thanks for the information.
      I Hope to come down in my (by then) newly restored MG Maestro 2.0i and it would be fun to join the Longbridge convoy if that does go ahead.

I will confirm soon if my car will be ready for the Gaydon show (should be) and then I will add myself to the list of attendees from the club

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
        Hi Tanya

Thanks for the information.
        I Hope to come down in my (by then) newly restored MG Maestro 2.0i and it would be fun to join the Longbridge convoy if that does go ahead.

I will confirm soon if my car will be ready for the Gaydon show (should be) and then I will add myself to the list of attendees from the club

Andrew
        It would be great to meet you and your car, Andrew!
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

This was an excellent show last year and I can highly recommend it. Hope to be there again this year with both my Montego's!.

Ray
          MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
          Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
          MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

I am going to have to get to one of these shows this year, been saying it for to long. Only thing is they are all 200+ miles away which would make a return journey a not very pleasurably day. I fancied POL but didn't want to leave the maestro in a travel lodge car park over night. It hasn't spent a night out of my garage during my ownership, in fact its only been wet twice lol. I do remember some of the shows members attend are camping overnight shows around the cars as a club, I would be more interested in these, which ones where they again? Andrew and Ray, I noticed you are both from the Leeds area which isn't to far from me. If any of us were due to go to any shows heading south would you be interested in meeting up and going down in a convoy?
            MG Maestro Turbo #500
            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Gaydon - northern convoy?

Morning Andy

That may be possible - any other northern members interested?

Andrew

Comment

I'd be up for this!

Ray
                MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Theres a lad I know in Stockton (next to Darlington) that has a BRG 505 tickford turbo that probably would be intresed. Whats the arrangements for Gaydon, does anyone camp there?
                  MG Maestro Turbo #500
                  BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                  Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                  Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Gaydon

Andy

I'd be just going down for the day, but hopefully someone else can answer your question about camping

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Hi, I would like to attend again this year. I have just received an entry form from the Heritage Motor Centre. Regards, Matt.
                      1985 Austin Montego 1.6HL Estate 'Uncle Monty'
                      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Colin' - L-Series in progress
                      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Nessy'
                      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D - L-Series Converted

Comment

Gaydon BMC show

Hi Matt

The more the merrier!
                        I would contact Tanya if you want to be part of a convoy to the site (hopefully there will be one going from Longbridge to Gaydon)

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

I maybe be going this year with Richard who has the white MG Montego near me
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I'm up for this, was good fun last year. I'd like to be on the club stand if possible, will get an entry form in.
                            Phil

Comment

Working...
                            X