MGCC FWD Register's Spring Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGCC FWD Register's Spring Run

Some of you may know that I am now chair of the MGCC FWD Register. The FWD Register caters for the MG versions of the 1100,1300, Metro, Maestro and Montego.

The FWD Register has organised a Spring Run on Saturday 4th April. This is for ALL 1100, 1300, Metro, Maestro and Montego models, not just MG versions.

In short, the run will either start in Abingdon for MG versions of the models, or Cowley for all other 1100s, 1300s, Metros, Maestros and Montegos. The MG versions will then convoy to Cowley to join with the non MG versions. Everyone will convoy together to Gaydon for lunch, where all the cars will be displayed outside the museum. After lunch, we will convoy to the MG Sales Centre at Longbridge where will be stopping for photos before travelling a short distance within Longbridge to stop for tea and cake.

Costs:
    Optional run plaques £4.50 (need to pre-ordered)
    Optional tea and cake per person £3.50 (need to pre-ordered)

Timings:
    Kimber House, Abingdon (OX14 1AS) - MG versions only - 9.00am for a 9.30am departure.
    Cowley (OX4 6NL) - 10.00am for a 10.30am departure.
    Gaydon (CV35 0BJ) We will depart after lunch at 2.00pm
    Longbridge (B31 2BQ) We will arrive at approximately 3.15pm, take photos then move on 5 minutes down the road for tea and cake.

Notes:
    1. This run is being organised by the MG Car Club FWD Register.
    2. This run is open to all 1100,1300, Metro, Maestro and Montego models.
    3. I will be reserving 10 places for MG versions of the models, and 5 in total for 1100/1300 (to try and ensure a balance) otherwise entries will be accepted on a first come first served basis up to 25 cars.
    4. I'm not sure how many people to expect. Gaydon are very kindly allowing me free passes for 25 cars and 50 people, so if we get more than 25 we'll have to have a bit of a think.
    5. To enter, please email me at tanyafield@supanet.com with your name, address, mobile number, model of car, registration number, how many passengers, and whether or not you would like to order a run plaque and tea and cake in Longbridge.
    6. The run is free of charge and entry into the Motor Heritage Centre at Gaydon is free for two people per car. If there are more than two of you in a car, you may need to pay for the other passengers.
    7. We are taking non-motorway routes. Routes will be published in advance.
    8. If you have any questions, please ask.
    9. I can be contacted at tanyafield@supanet.com or on 07929 868284
    10. This is the first time that I have done this run, so it's all new to me too!

There are still places available for anyone who would like to join us. If you have any questions, please shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya View Post
      There are still places available for anyone who would like to join us. If you have any questions, please shout.
      Too far for me tanya and i'm working
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

No problem Jeff

Anymore, for anymore! We still have room. We have a few joining us at Gaydon, and people are welcome to do part of the run if that works for them. It's free of charge too and all Maestros and Montego are welcome :-)

Comment

tanya

Tanya,if there is any plaques left ,I would like one,could I collect at POL ?
          Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Originally posted by normanmg2000 View Post
            Tanya,if there is any plaques left ,I would like one,could I collect at POL ?
            No problem Norman. If I have a spare one, it's yours

Here they are:

Comment

Excellent run - really good fun :-)

We had a an excellent day which was really good fun. I guess my favourite events are those where you can drive, although statics are good too as you can chat to people. However, it's always quite comedic hearing about people's tales of getting lost! Thankfully, we all made it to Longbridge safe and sound and received a very warm welcome from the MG Sales Centre who opened the barrier to let us into part of the Plant.

I was very lucky with this run as I could not have done it without the support of Kimber House in Abingdon, MINI Plant Oxford, the Motor Heritage Centre in Gaydon and the MG Sales Centre in Longbridge. It took some coordination to get it together, but I'm very pleased that I did. Due to its success, I will be running this one again next year.

We finished the run in a very British way with tea and cakes with the vicar. Some of you may know that the Rev'd Colin Corke, vicar of Longbridge is a car nut so joined us with his MG Metro. We had tea and cakes in the Church hall, with a raffle too raising a total of £94 through the tea, cake and raffle tickets sales which went to Christian Aid.

Here are some pics which are mostly mine and not very good as I was taking the odd snap as and when I could.

We started with 6 cars at Abingdon

4 More joined us at Cowley

A further two joined at Gaydon (although you can't see them in the photos). Here's the group photo at Gaydon (some cars are behind the Maestros and Metros)

The Maestros and Montego at Gaydon

At the MG Sales Centre in Longbridge

Scotty's route from Gaydon to Longbridge!

The cars outside while we had tea and cake with the vicar

On our way home, a number of us visited the Austin Village - well worth a visit

Comment

Working...
              X