cracking day at Pol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracking day at Pol

First time at pride of Longbridge show, had a great day nice to see so many cars in just one place & put faces to user names !
    Weather was great also bonus
    sorry didn't take many pictures, but may be someone can add more

Last edited by charliecosworth; 18th April 2015, 19:01.
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

I took none, as I talk too much
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      I took none, as I talk too much
      It's your popularity Jeff!!

Comment

We know what you cars look like Jeff there all over the forum lol
        Sure & steadfast.
        BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
        1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
        1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Had the mega rare sight of 3 MG Montego Turbos on the stand too.

Comment

A report on the event is here:
            http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...-rally-9070982

Comment

This was the first time I had attended this event and one that I had wanted to visit for a quite some time so I was pleased I was able to make it happen this year.
              As Charlie Cosworth has already commented I concur it was great to meet with forum members and to finally put faces to the names. I very much enjoyed our conversations.
              I apologise to those who I was unable to get to speak to and in particular the gentleman with the red Maestro EFI parked next to me. I am sure you understand from your own experiences from the minute of arrival (lunch time) there were so many demands on our time from having a spot of lunch, speaking to various interested parties and still I wanted to make time to go and see as much as I could before people began to disappear. I was getting concerned that if I left it too long I wasn’t going to see anything. There was so much to see and do.
              I was pleased to see there was a good show of vehicles to represent the Montego and Maestro range. I am sorry Charlie I don’t think I got to speak to you? It’s a silly question I know particularly as you have a picture of MGT 16V but I assume that’s your car? It’s a lovely car by the way. It was also good to finally meet the legendary Jeff Turbo . Sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye to you before I left. I did come to look for you before leaving but you were not around. Unfortunately I didn’t have chance to meet Tanya either and many others. It was great to see the B reg MG Montego Press car. I thought the monogram range of MG ZR,ZS,ZT and Rover were very well and cleverly arranged in groups of colours. I loved the shot silk cars. There were so many other lovely older Austin, BL, Wolsley ,Rovers to see also. A great day out and one I thoroughly enjoyed. I also enjoyed every one of the 405 miles covered.

Comment

Originally posted by The Professor View Post
                It was also good to finally meet the legendary Jeff Turbo . Sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye to you before I left. I did come to look for you before leaving but you were not around. Unfortunately I didn’t have chance to meet Tanya either and many others. It was great to see the B reg MG Montego Press car..
                Gawd,
                good to see you Glyn and your parents.
                Great to see THREE MG Montego Turbos on our stand, and found another in Doncaster. and as I've said before, your car is lovely
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th April 2015, 14:48.

Comment

I agree it was good to see you & family again too. Was a very good day.

Comment

Agreed. A brilliant day out with so many nice cars to see and very pleasant people to converse with, regardless to what they brought along or what condition it was in. It was the common bound and affection for these cars that was so important and I left a very happy person.

For me the highlight was seeing the huge popularity and affection many Rover models continue to attract with enthusiasts of all ages, even though it has been ten years since the last production Rover models have rolled down an assembly line. Long may this continue!

Comment

Working...
                    X