Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AROnline Car of the Month at BL BMC Day - MINE !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AROnline Car of the Month at BL BMC Day - MINE !

It was really good to meet some more of you folk in the MMOC Area last Sunday, and what a great collection of cars all across the park ....not just in "our" area.. Thanks again SimonH for some more tech info re my Monty too.

The same goes for the folk in the AROnline area. Loads more information, history and banter available there for sure! It was also nice to get 3 "ordinary" Montys parked together over there: 2 near identical 1.6 LX's - one mine - and a 2.0 HL (pics below)

...AND .... hands up who's a very proud Monty owner today. Well, MY hand has shot up.....!

Those lovely chaps Keith Adams and Mike Humble chose my 1991 Monty 1.6LX as their AROnline "Car of the Month"!

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/comm...montego-1-6lx/

TBH the award was a bit of a shock as, sadly, circumstance change means I will probably be selling her. But on a positive note there's interest from a mad enthusiast with loads more Monty knowledge than I'll ever remember and (Mike tells me ) promises would continue the TLC that she deserves!

But even if she goes, I'll be back at this BL/BMC event next year. The atmosphere seemed "friendlier" than (eg) the Bromley Pageant and Knebworth events I used to attend with my old Triumphs. Or perhaps I was just grumpier then!

For those that haven't been to BL/BMC before ..... it's a great day out if you can get there. The BL focus of the Autojumble was especially good....even if I did spend more than anticipated

Anyway, I think l'll go clean my Monty again tomorrow.. she deserves it!

(adopts proud, smug, stupid look and presses "Submit New Thread" )

Cheers f'now, all
    John
    Attached Files

I notice in the photo showing the line up of Montegos there is a Range Rover Classic 25th Anniversary Final Edition. Has anyone got any images of this Range Rover as I run the historical register for the 25th Anniversary Final Edition derivatives?

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post
      I notice in the photo showing the line up of Montegos there is a Range Rover Classic 25th Anniversary Final Edition. Has anyone got any images of this Range Rover as I run the historical register for the 25th Anniversary Final Edition derivatives?
      Hi David
      Have been through my other photos but don't have any more of the Range Rover. Will ask around for you
      Cheers f'now
      John

Comment

Originally posted by grout20 View Post
        Hi David
        Have been through my other photos but don't have any more of the Range Rover. Will ask around for you
        Cheers f'now
        John
        Well done john
        Lovely car that, had a look round it and it's lovely.
        Did wait about but didn't see you so sorry I missed you
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
          Well done john
          Lovely car that, had a look round it and it's lovely.
          Did wait about but didn't see you so sorry I missed you
          Thanks Jeff. Sorry I didn't get to see you, too.

Please take this message as a firm shaking of the hand for the advice you've given me.

Very much appreciated!

Hope to meet up at another event sometime.

Cheers f'now!
          John

Comment

Very well deserved John, your car looked lovely. You've had experience of our very special and helpful community
            It's the Maestro and Montego magic at its best! Glad you enjoyed yourself.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Absolutely stunning Montego. Beautiful. I did see it and couldn't find a mark on it.

I have very fond memories of my first Montego back in 1996 which was in this colour scheme.
              1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by David3500 View Post

Hello David

I met Mike Humble from AROnline yesterday - actually we swapped cars and now I have his Rover 75 and he has my Monty!

Mike knows the chap, Phil, who owns that Range Rover you were interested in. It's a "1995 Classic Special, 3.9, running on LPG"

Phil and in his car may not be known to you or your Register as Mike thinks he may not be in "any Club"

Anyway, if you want to give me (PM?) your number, Mike will contact Phil so he could then get in touch with you. Quite correctly Mike doesn't want to give out numbers.

Cheers f'now!

John

Comment

Working...
                X