Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club attending events in 2016

Morning All

I know this is a way off, but will the club be having a stand at the BL/BMC Rally & Spares Day at Peterborough on 7th August?

Thanks

Andrew

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
    Morning All

I know this is a way off, but will the club be having a stand at the BL/BMC Rally & Spares Day at Peterborough on 7th August?

Thanks

Andrew
    Yes As we won best stand last year the organisers are giving what they consider to be the best spot for our stand this year.

This weekend I will put up an events calendar for the club with events that I will be booking club stands for then others can add to it. We're getting more flags and banners for the club with the hope that if other members want to organise stands at shows in their area, then we can get stand equipment to them.

Comment

I have the trophy at home which will proudly be displayed at that and any other related events!!

Comment

List of shows where M&MOC will have a stand during 2016

Here's a list of shows where M&MOC will be having a stand. If you have a show local to you and would like to organise an M&MOC stand, please get in touch. We are having some more flags and banners made so that hopefully we'll have enough to get them to those who want to organise stands. Please note, the stand for the NEC Classic Motor Show has not yet been confirmed.

Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th March - The Practical Classics Restoration Show at the NEC - http://www.necrestorationshow.com/

*Sunday 6th March - Austin Morris Day at Brooklands - http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/inde...n-morris-day2/

Saturday 16th April - The Pride of Longbridge in Cofton Park - http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/clas...ate.asp?id=352

Sunday 3rd July - BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon

Sunday 7th August - BL Day at Peterborough - http://www.bmcblrally.co.uk/1.html

Saturday 24th September - BL Autumn Rally at Milton Keynes

Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th November - NEC Classic Motor Show - http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

*Please can someone volunteer to organise this stand (it's very easy) as I'll be at the Restoration Show.

Comment

BMC/BL show

Hi Tanya

Could I bring my white Maestro 2.0i onto the club stand for the BMC/BL show at Peterborough on 7th August please?

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
            Hi Tanya

Could I bring my white Maestro 2.0i onto the club stand for the BMC/BL show at Peterborough on 7th August please?

Thanks

Andrew
            Of course Andrew. I will put up a thread nearer the time

Comment

club events in 2016

Thanks Tanya

Andrew

Comment

looking at the venues, can't help but think the club isn't really catering for its more northerly members. or come to think of it anyone who doesn't live within thirty miles of the M40 Peterborough excluded

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  looking at the venues, can't help but think the club isn't really catering for its more northerly members. or come to think of it anyone who doesn't live within thirty miles of the M40 Peterborough excluded
                  This was something raised at the AGM Russ because the same applies to members in both the south east and south west.

The committee are going to look at ways in which the club can provide a more national presence as well as given members the opportunity to attend shows local to them. At the moment, its a case of "watch this space" while the decisions are finalised.

If there are any shows in your region where you think the club would benefit from attendance, let me know. I'll then compile a list of "other" shows around the country and see if we can't garner some interest.
                  Membership Secretary
                  Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                  2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                  1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Thanks Pete, my 'local' show is Peterborough . I was just commenting on the venues

Comment

To add on to what Pete has said, we would love to be able have a presence at more shows across the country, but we are a small committee so do need the members help with this. I organise as many stands at shows as I can, but I know that those are generally in the centre of the country.

There are different types of shows too. The easiest to organise a stand for are those where you don't have to have a certain number of cars. I'm planning to apply for a stand at Manchester Classic Car Show in September, but will probably need two or three members to commit to bringing there cars, and it's a worry that I won't be able to get that. The joy of BL Day at Peterborough is it doesn't matter how few or how many cars turn up - we don't get in trouble with the organisers.

We are investing in more stand equipment so that members can organise stands at shows local to them, and I think this is generally going to be the way forward. So, if any of you have shows local to you where M&MOC doesn't have a presence, we would love you to organise a stand, and we'll help in anyway we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        I think another factor may be that there aren't as many members in the North of the country. I only know of a couple of members in West Yorkshire!.

Ray
                        MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
                        Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
                        MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

I'm in West Yorkshire and find it difficult with work etc to attend most events. Something up here in the North would be very much appreciated!

Comment

There is the MG Northern show at Pateley Bridge in August, how about a club stand there?
                            I was there last year with my MG Maestro

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
                              I think another factor may be that there aren't as many members in the North of the country. I only know of a couple of members in West Yorkshire!.

Ray
                              I know its not definitive Ray, but looking at the M&M Map of the World, there are 16 members between Leicester and Newcastle-on-Tyne, 3 in Scotland and 1 in Eire. I know that is still a big area, but it would be good if a show somewhere in the centre - maybe around Sheffield or Leeds - would be a help. Whether our 3 Scottish members could get together and find a show as well could be even better!
                              Membership Secretary
                              Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                              2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                              1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
                              X