BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon on Sunday 3rd July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon on Sunday 3rd July

The BMC & Leyland Show is at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon on Sunday 5th July - https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk...d-leyland-show. M&MOC is having a stand and this is usually a very enjoyable show.

As a club we can have 8 free car passes and 16 free tickets for members, however, my understanding is that we can have as many cars on our stand as we would like. Everyone who goes to the show will need a ticket (I know some of Gaydon's shows are free of charge so long as you don't go into the museum). Rich Gelder has very kindly volunteered to organise the stand (not that it takes a huge amount of organisation, but you do need a key contact person who will be their before everyone else), so Rich will automatically be allocated a free car pass and two free tickets.

That leaves 7 free car passes and 14 free tickets into the show. If you are a club member and would like a free car pass and free tickets, please put your name down below stating how many tickets you would like. If we are oversubscribed, I will draw people's names out of a hat. If you would like free tickets, please put your name down below by midnight on Sunday 19th June.

If you do not get a free ticket from the club, or are not a member of M&MOC, Gaydon are doing a very good value advanced ticket at £7 for two people and a car. Please see here - http://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/...pplication.pdf. So if you do not get free tickets through the club, it's not the end of the world.

Additionally, there are also convoys in from both Cowley and Longbridge this year. I am organising the Cowley Convoy, while Alan Webb-Moore is organising the Longbridge one. For both convoys cars need to arrive at either Cowley or Longbridge between 8.30am and 9.15am with a prompt departure at 9.30am. There will be run plaques and flags available for those who want them. Those on the convoy (if they haven't got tickets via their club) will need to either buy advanced tickets (the cheapest option) or pay on the gate (very expensive!). Here's the link for the convoys - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/attend-a-convoy/4564571391

It would be great to have a good showing of Maestros and Montegos and if you have any questions, please shout.

Yes please Tanya-one car, two tickets

Comment

tanya 1 car 2 people please
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

3rd July, Tanya, not 5th!

(I'm on hols I'm afraid!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobby View Post
          3rd July, Tanya, not 5th!

(I'm on hols I'm afraid!)
          You're quite right! Sorry, I did a cut and paste from last year's and forgot to change the date. All changed now

Sorry that you can't make it.

Comment

So am I, we seem to be missing everything so far with either work or holidays or it being cancelled!

Comment

Hello Tanya,
              I will go, one car and two people if you can put me in the draw.

N

Comment

Starsky and Hutch converted maestro van needs first rally showing

one maestro van and two tickets please!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mollymac; 14th May 2016, 18:44. Reason: wanted to add a pic of my beloved wagon

Comment

Addresses please!

Charliecosworth
                  Nick RS
                  mollymac

Please pm me your postal addresses and I'll send the passes out Sadly philippope can't make it now.

I still have free passes for members, so please shout if you would like one. The free pass (one car and two people) covers both the show and the museum, so a great free day out

Comment

Hi Tanya, I'll take one please. Thanks John.

Comment

Nick RS and Kobe, I have posted your passes out second class today. I'm just waiting for postal addresses for Charliecosworth and mollymac.

I still have two or three passes for club members if anyone wants one

Comment

Are the passes just for museum entry or museum and show? I ask as may bring 2 extra passengers. Is there a separate cost for show only or are prices for both?

Comment

can we get tickets on the day Tanya, I will probably be in the 800.. regards ricky
                          home of the "mad maestro"
                          rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
                          1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Working...
                          X