Le Mans Classic -or Bust!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Mans Classic -or Bust!!

Hi All - I'm off to the above in my 1988 1.3L Maestro!
    She's a little tired in places- I call it 'patina'- but runs like a dream, so I have complete faith in her.

Is anybody else going and flying the flag?

Mark

Hi all just to let you know she did it- all 810 miles round trip, without fuss and used no oil, excellent for a hard driven 4 speeder, she was brilliant despite very hot conditions and severe hold ups in traffic going to and from Le Mans.
    Didn't she any other BL stuff down there, though and we did get a lot of attention on the way down from other GB cars, thumbs up, toots waves and even pictures taken by the likes of TVR's MG's Scimitars etc...in fact we had more attention than when I've been before in my SD1's
    Hail the mighty Maestro!!

Comment

Well done. We went past there in my MGZT 260
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I'll get myself down to Le Mans one day, it's on the bucket list! Would be great to do it in a Maestro but I think the ZT (With air-con) would probably win.
        How was Le Mans?
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Hi Ian- It was hot 30+,racing was good, however in comparison to previous years there weren't that many GB classics in the car park, maybe Brexit had an effect?? Also had a 'wonderful' 3 hours plus mega hot-stop/start diversion when the D28 was closed at junc 7 North of Rouen on the way down.... Maestro took it in her stride (of course) unlike some TVR's and the odd MG.
          Had a priceless moment too when I was blitzed by 2 Ferrari's' on the way down- I was doing 55mph to give them a chance, of course-only to pass one 15 miles later, yep, bonnet up and broken down in a layby.......sweet!!!.
          Eeeeh lad, thar's going soft- aircon? 5 speed box?- I make it a 'rule' to do the Classic in something at least 25 yrs old and different from the herd if poss, that's part of the adventure IMHO.
          Your MG Turbo would walk it,and I'm sure get a LOT of attention too- give it a run next time it's on in 2018!!

Comment

Working...
          X