Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burley in Wharfedale Show - 21st August

Hello All

I have signed up to attend this show for the first time next month, and I gather there are already two MG Maestros going (both 'B' reg but I don't know the names of the owners) Is this anyone from here?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew,
    Mine is one of them B150YHU. I'm not from there but my parents have lived in the village for about 30 years and my father helps out at the show. I'll be driving up from Leicestershire for the event. Looks like we might have a gathering. From previous years that show gets busy so definitely worth booking so as not to risk getting being turned away because it's full.

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick

Great, so yes we'll have 3 x MG Maestros there on the day then! (must be largest non-MMOC gathering?)
      My local club (City of Leeds MG & Classic Car Club), who I'm going to the show with, have been before but I have not.
      Had heard it was popular/well attended so have myself booked in as of yesterday.
      There is another member who lives out that way (and from whom I got a chin spolier for my Efi), but I can't remember his name now.
      I'll look out for you

Andrew

Comment

Ail come along to this if I can make it at the time/weather etc. And if I can remember to print out a form at work tomorrow and post it. Why you cant reply by email for shows these days I cant understand. Was a full afternoons work earlier this year entering all the car shows I might want to attend and a fortune on stamps.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Howdy, I'm booked in there with my maestro. Last year I left it too late to book in, but I turned up early doors and managed to display my car. It does help living 500 meters from the show though!
          I know from experience it's a popular event with plenty of other activities in the village. Highly recommended.
          I thought I'd have the monopoly on the maestro! Looking forward to seeing other maestro cars there.

Comment

Cool! (wonder what the collection noun is for a gathering of Maestros?!)

Andrew

Comment

My entry form has been sent off. Just thinking Andy, after all the effort you have put in to organise a northern meet without success its seems one has formed here by itself. Was thinking would it be possible to get in touch with the organisers and see if we can have a club stand? Tanya did say the banners etc are available if needed. Also since we have been struggling to organize a northern meet I was wondering if it would be possible if a club official could send an email out to all registered members about the show? You never know, they could be many people around and about this area with maestros/montegos that are registered to this site but haven't been on for years. If people don't know something is on they can't go, might just get an unexpected decent turn out if the message gets sent out!
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
              Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X