Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burley in Wharfedale Show on 21st August - M&MOC club stand in attendance

Dear All

We are now having an official club stand at this show (after a suggestion of member Andy from Darlington)

So far we have 4 members attending - a Turbo Maestro, 2 x MG 1600s and 1 x 2.0i Maestro.
    It would be great to have a few more if anyone's free on that date?

If you're interested, you can apply online here. There's no charge as such, but you can send a donation for the charities, on whose behalf the show is run.

Blurb from their website - "This year, in support of the charitable fund raising aims of the Burley Summer Festival, we will be asking for a voluntary contribution from exhibitors of £5. Money raised by the Summer Festival in the past has supported a number of good causes, including the Burley Scouts & Guides, Marie Curie Cancer Care, and Wharfedale Refugee Response."

http://www.burleyclassicshow.org/upl..._form_2016.doc

Best to do it soon though, as the application list will close on Friday 22nd July

If you do apply to go to the show, and want to be on the club stand, please let me know so I know how many/who to expect on the day

Many thanks

Andrew

Excellent, cheers for sorting this out Andrew. Is the stand okayed with the organisers of the show? I think it will stay at four cars at present as site traffic seems to be low but I still think it would be a great advertisement tool to send out a mass 'calling all northerner's' email or like-wise. Owners of our cars may not have visited this site for years but may check there emails daily and decide to come to the event they otherwise would have not know of. Rare chance to sort a Northern event out shame not to use all available advertisement tools. Then just hope the British weather doesn't spoil the day!!!
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Excellent, cheers for sorting this out Andrew. Is the stand okayed with the organisers of the show? I think it will stay at four cars at present as site traffic seems to be low but I still think it would be a great advertisement tool to send out a mass 'calling all northerner's' email or like-wise. Owners of our cars may not have visited this site for years but may check there emails daily and decide to come to the event they otherwise would have not know of. Rare chance to sort a Northern event out shame not to use all available advertisement tools. Then just hope the British weather doesn't spoil the day!!!
      MG Maestro Turbo #500
      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Hi Andy (and everyone else reading this). I have just checked the Burley website and due to high demand, they have now closed the list, so only limited numbers of tickets can be had on the gate on the day (first come first served). So sorry to anyone who was still thinking of applying. Anyone who did yesterday, I hope you got in under the door (so to speak).
        In answer to Andy's question about whether the organisers will be ok with us having a club stand (I hadn't though to ask before and I think it's usually not a problem), I have just e-mailed the organisers to check, so as soon as I hear back I will be in touch with the 3 other members who i know applied in time.

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Hi all
          We can now make it 2x maestro turbos 2x mg 1600 and 2.0i as my pass arrived by email this morning so count me in.
          Keith

Comment

Hi Keith, that's excellent news! I'll have to propose a meeting place and time for the day. My 'pass' came by e-mail, so they are encouraging folks to be on site before 9am. Anyway, I'll send out a fuller message late today
            Andrew

Comment

Yes mine arrived by email yesterday. Entry time seems to be on par with all other car shows between 9-10-30. Going in nearer 10 would be better to give more traveling time. I notice is says maestro montego owners club on the ticket which is good, going in as a proper club Is anyone able to get the club banners/flags etc before the show? Set it off nicely.
              MG Maestro Turbo #500
              Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Hi Andy, club flags etc. all in hand (I am picking up from Tanya at Peterborough show weekend after next)

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Thanks guys for an enjoyable day out.
                  We were 4 x MG Maestros - one 1600, two EFis and one Turbo.
                  A show report will appear in the next issue of Monstro

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Yorks-MGZS180 View Post
                    Thanks guys for an enjoyable day out.
                    We were 4 x MG Maestros - one 1600, two EFis and one Turbo.
                    A show report will appear in the next issue of Monstro

Andrew
                    That's an excellent turn out of cars. Well done to Andrew for organising it and to everyone for bringing their cars and supporting the club stand at the show

Comment

I have had an email and registered for this year. Hopefully I can make it depending what I have on. Cheers Andy
                      MG Maestro Turbo #500
                      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
                      X