BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon on Sunday 2nd July 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMC & Leyland Show at Gaydon on Sunday 2nd July 2017

The BMC & Leyland Show is at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon on Sunday 2nd July - https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk...d-leyland-show . M&MOC is having a stand and this is usually a very enjoyable show.

As a club we can have 8 free car passes for members, each will allow two people in free of charge. However, my understanding is that we can have as many cars on our stand as we would like. Everyone who goes to the show will need a ticket. I know some of Gaydon's shows are free of charge so long as you don't go into the museum, but that is not the case for this show.

If you are a club member and would like a free car pass with free tickets, please either contact me or put your name down below. If we are oversubscribed, I will draw people's names out of a hat. If you would like free tickets, please put your name down below by midnight on Sunday 18th June.

If you do not get a free ticket from the club, or are not a member of M&MOC, Gaydon are doing a very good value advanced ticket at £7 for two people and a car. Please see here - https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/downloads/show-forms/bmc-and-leyland-show/BMC-and-Leyland-2017-Application[1].pdf . So if you do not get free tickets through the club, it's not the end of the world. However, tickets on the day will be full price, so that’s £14 per adult.

Additionally, there are also convoys in from both Cowley and Longbridge which are free of charge to join. I am organising the Cowley Convoy, while Alan Webb-Moore is organising the Longbridge one. For both convoys cars need to arrive at either Cowley or Longbridge between 8.30am and 9.15am with a prompt departure at 9.30am. There will be run plaques and flags available for those who want them. Those on the convoy (if they haven't got tickets via their club) will need to either buy advanced tickets (the cheapest option) or pay on the gate (very expensive!). Here's the link for the convoys - http://cowleyconvoy.info/#/attend-a-convoy/4564571391, although entry won't open until after the Pride of Longbridge.

It would be great to have a good showing of Maestros and Montegos and if you have any questions, please shout.

I'm up for this one Tanya!

Ray
    MG Montego efi C928TBL - Moonraker blue
    Austin Montego Mayfair C943KOE - Clove brown
    MG Maestro 2.Oi H352MOF - Black

Comment

Originally posted by edders1690 View Post
      I'm up for this one Tanya!

Ray
      Great news Ray!

Comment

I'm up for this one too Tanya all being well
        1989 Montego Mayfair EFI
        1989 BMW 316i
        2013 BMW 320d Touring
        2014 Nissan Leaf. Shhhhhh

Treasurer
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Hi Tanya, I would love to attend this one too please!

Matt.
          1985 Austin Montego 1.6HL Estate 'Uncle Monty'
          1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Colin' - L-Series in progress
          1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Nessy'
          1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D - L-Series Converted

Comment

I plan to be there, but doubt I will have a Montego on the road by then!
            1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

Comment

This could be a goer for me and Dutch the LHD Monty
              Neil
              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
              01 MG ZS 180
              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
              16' BMW 330d M Sport
              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

Comment

Yes please Tanya!
                Phil

Comment

Hi Tanya, would i be ok to meet you all at the show in the Montego?

Cheers Bill.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your request for tickets. Hopefully we'll have enough free tickets for everyone as the MG FWD Register usually have a few space which we can have.

Any other club members wanting a ticket, please let me know by Sunday evening. I plan to send the tickets out early next week

Comment

This is a shame , I will be on my way back from Greece on the 2nd!! would have liked to have gone.

Comment

I still have free passes for this show for M&MOC members. If you're a member and would like to go to this show, give me a shout. A pass will let your Maestro/Montego in and you and a passenger

Comment

Working...
                        X