Manchester Classic Car Show, EventCity 16th & 17th September 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Classic Car Show, EventCity 16th & 17th September 2017

The Maestro & Montego Owners Club have been given a stand at this year's Manchester Classic Motor Show at EventCity on September 16th & 17th. . This provides a chance for the club and cars to shine, both with the general public and also with the classic car press. It also provides an opportunity for members to come and chats to club officials and it's great to be able to show at an indoor a northern venue.

Are you a Maestro & Montego Owners Club member and do you have a car/van that you would like to exhibit? If you do, please can you post below, send me a message or email by 20th July. It might be beneficial for those who have not shown a car at the Manchester Classic Car Show to have some idea about what's involved.

Usually vehicles need to be in very good condition, or if not in very good condition, it would need to be a very interesting vehicle.

Vehicles need to be in bought to the EventCity sometime on Friday 15th September and have to remain on the stand until the show finishes on Sunday 17th September. They cannot be moved.

We are able to offer the owner/driver of the vehicle a free ticket to the show for each day they wish to attend. Also, we can offer another ticket for the Sunday to you to give to the person helping you bring your car in on the Friday and take it away on the Sunday (a ticket isn't needed for the Friday). In return for this, we ask you for the days that you are at the show and have a free ticket from the club, that you help man the stand on a rota of one hour on to either two or three hours off. Manning that stand involves chatting to the public/visiting members, making them feel welcome, passing on information about how to join the club (there will be either me or a committee member on the stand all the time, so you can refer questions that you don't know) and generally maintaining a presence. We don't have seating on the stand as this takes up space and can look untidy, but you will only need to do one hour on your feet at a time. Obviously, should you have a disability and require a seat, or be a wheelchair user, that's fine. We also ask those manning the stand not to eat on it and there are plenty of places where you can eat when you're not on the stand. We will provide 500mls bottles of water as being on the stand can be thirsty work.

If you would like to bring your car, please do put it forward. The larger pool we have to choose from the better. Also, if you have any questions, please shout. Members are welcome to put their cars forward either in this thread, via personal message or via email. Members wishing to help man the stand, please do the same. My email is tanyafield999@gmail.com and number is 07929 868284.

If you would like to put your car/van forward for the stand, please do so by 20th July.

Please note that only members can put their cars forward to be on the stand and receive free tickets to the show. However, you're welcome to join before you put yourself/car forward - http://www.maestro.org.uk/memapp.cgi

Details of the show can be found here - http://www.manchesterclassiccarshow.com

I look forward to some of you putting your cars forward
    Last edited by Tanya; 21st August 2017, 15:01.

We're looking for another one or two members who would like to show their Maestro or Montego with us at this show. We're with the MG FWD Register and we already have two non-MG cars, so it would be great if we could have an MG version, but that's not essential.

If you would like to show, please get in touch with me on 07929 868284 or tanyafield999@gmail.com a.s.a.p.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X