Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any northern shows in late September?

Hello All

Well I was going to start chasing up folks in the north for our last show of the season -
    Wentworth Woodhouse (South Yorks) Classic Car show, but would you believe it, applications
    closed 30 days before the event (which means we've just missed the cut!)

Different events take differing approaches/attitudes towards this, some being very relaxed, and others being
    somewhat overly organised (shall I say?!)

This comes back to the problem that many car clubs have when trying to organise attendance at events - not knowing who/how many members might want to go to a particular show (I'd say we need a minimum of 4 cars to have a club stand)
    I'd welcome people's views on this, thinking ahead to 2018, as I know some are happy to book in advance,and other people often don't know until a week beforehand (due to work and/or family commitments) whether they can go to a show.

If anyone knows of a good show in the second half of September in Yorks, Lancs, Durham, Cumbria, Northumbria, Tyne & Wear, then
    please do get in touch asap.

We do of course have the FJ Classic Car Show Manchester (at Event City) show coming up on 16th-17th September, which is well worth a visit. The club will have a stand there (in conjunction with the MGCC Front Wheel Drive Register).
    I will be there on the Sunday with the "decals crate" if anyone needs anything.
    In November the club will also be at the NEC show in November, and again I will be bringing the decals crate on the Sunday.

Hope to see some of you northern members at either Manchester and/or Birmingham.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew. Do you get the https://morgansyearbook.co.uk/ ? There are dozens of shows listed every Saturday and Sunday to pick from and the profit from the book goes to charity. As said it can be hard to commit to some shows depending on commitments. Sometimes I just have a ride up in the bmw on the afternoons for a day out to some if I have been out the night before. But the next one I have applied for is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/whitley...ts-29103379993 Hopefully have the turbo back by then or I might take the ledbury if they will let me change car, cant see why not. Went last year it is a big show and there's also the bonus its on Whitley Bay front so plenty other things to do. Fish and chips were excellent lol.
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Working...
    X