Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern shows this year, and next

Dear All

The attached link takes you to the details of which shows/events we have attended here in the north of England.
    Those highlighted in yellow we did not attend, for a variety of reasons (see notes on the spreadsheet).

Looking ahead to 2018, the shows highlighted in red are ones which we could attend next year.
    They include most of the ones we went to/intended to go to this year, plus some extras.
    If anyone has been to any of the shows before, which we didn't get to in 2017, and has views as to their suitability then please do get in touch.
    If anyone knows of any good shows I have missed out then, again please get in touch.
    In most cases I don't have specific dates for these events in 2018 yet (just the month in which they shoud be held), so there will doubtless be some clashes.

I hope those of you who have come along in 2017, will want to participate again in 2018.
    I hope that some of you who have not yet dipped your toe into going to shows with us (and your Maestro or Montego) will want to do so next year.
    We will, perhaps obviously, only be going to shows where there is enough interest and enthusiasm for being there as a club (we need a minimum of 4 cars to warrant having a stand)

When we get into February/March (yes I am planning ahead, but I think it would be helpful for those of us who like to get these things into our diaries), to let me know if you'd like to go to certain shows, then I can get tickets ordered at least 30 days ahead of each show date, and we don't miss out on any we want to go to.

If anyone is a member of the club but doesn't have a Maestro or Montego at the moment (or at least not on the road) then why not get in touch with me anyway, and I might be able to pair you up with a member who does have a car on the road, and you could arrange to come along with sonmeone for the ride.
    Who knows, it might give you the enthusiasm to get into ownership yourself, or get that restoration project finished?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdvoa31rzg...ents.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks

Andrew Stokell

As regarding classic car shows next year a few mentioned in yellow but not attended I can give you feedback about them as I attended them and they are very good
    the Doncaster classic car show is opposite Doncaster racecourse and over 400 vehicles were therethis year but I only saw 1 mg metro and that was it
    doncaster road runner classic car show is held about 3 weeks later and is a full weekend car show with attractions bands and generally a very good weekend with yet again at least 400 cars and bikes
    went worth wood house in Rotherham is at the hall grounds which makes Buckingham palace look like a council house spread in stunning grounds and at least 300 vehicles on display and well worth a visit
    Barnsley Locke park has 3 classic car shows a year with plenty of stalls rides for the young ones plenty of food and 200 plus cars and the park has plenty to offer as well and there was a stunning mg maestro and metro there this year with mgbs as well
    as I'm from South Yorkshire and always take the rs to shows I will taking the maestro turbo as well which I know will please a lot of our classic car enthusiasts as I've never seen one at these shows in all these years
    let me know if you want me to put info about these shows on the site as I'm local to them

Comment

Working...
    X