Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show at the NEC -23rd to 25th March 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show at the NEC -23rd to 25th March 2018

We have been given a two car stand at this show, which runs from Friday 23rd March to Sunday 25th March. Do you have a car/van that you would like to show? If you do, please can you post below, send me a message or email. It might be beneficial for those who have not shown a car at the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show to have some idea about what's involved.

We can take any Maestro or Montego in any condition on the stand. It is preferable if there are some jobs on your car which you can do on the stand to help it 'come alive'. However, any work carried out has to comply with the show's H&S policy, so no welding etc! Please also note that we do not have an electricity supply.

Vehicles need to be in bought to the NEC sometime between midday and 9.00pm on Thursday 22nd March and have to remain on the stand until the show finishes on Sunday 25th March. They cannot be moved during this time. Unfortunately, we are unable to help getting your car to and fro the NEC; you will need to make your own arrangements.

We are able to offer the owner/driver of the vehicle a free ticket to the show for each day they wish to attend. We are also able to offer free parking for another car in the NEC car park (normally costs an eye watering £12 per day). Also, we can offer another ticket for the Thursday and Sunday to you to give to the person helping you bring your car in on the Thursday and take it away on the Sunday. In return for this, we ask you for the days that you are at the NEC and have a free ticket from the club, that you help man the stand on a rota of one hour on to either two or three hours off. Manning that stand involves chatting to the public/visiting members, making them feel welcome, passing on information about how to join the club (there will be either me or a committee member on the stand, so you can refer questions that you don't know) and generally maintaining a presence. We also ask those manning the stand not to eat on it, and there are plenty of places where you can eat when you're not on the stand. We will provide 500 mls bottles of water as being on the stand can be thirsty work.

For members who aren't exhibiting a car and would like a free ticket to the show, the above as applies, so in return for the ticket you would help man the stand on a rota basis.

If you would like to bring your car, please do put it forward. Also, if you have any questions, please shout. Members are welcome to put their cars forward either in this thread, via personal message or via email. Members wishing to volunteer for helping with the stand please do the same. My email is tanyafield999@gmail.com and number is 07929 868284.

Please note that only members can put their cars forward to be on the stand and receive free tickets to the show. However, you're welcome to join before you put yourself/car forward - http://maestro.org.uk/forums/register

Details of the show can be found here - http://www.necrestorationshow.com/

If you're interested in showing your car/van, please let me know by the end of this weekend (Sunday 4th February)
    Last edited by Tanya; 31st January 2018, 20:50.

I am sure Tanya meant to say that the cars must remain on the stand until Sunday 25th March, not April although it would be a handy way of garaging your car for a month!

Comment

Originally posted by Montegoman View Post
      I am sure Tanya meant to say that the cars must remain on the stand until Sunday 25th March, not April although it would be a handy way of garaging your car for a month!
      Ha ha - I did! I need to be careful or half the club will apply if a month's free storage is part of the deal!

I'll edit it now

Comment

well done Tanya and the committee keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
          well done Tanya and the committee keep up the good work
          Thank you It's a real team effort and we do our best.

Comment

hope to get down to show do not no what day yet I will come over and see you

Comment

M&MOC members, the club have at least four spare wristband for the Resto Show at the NEC and would like to offer these to you. All we ask in return is that you come and help man the Maestro & Montego Owners Club stand at the show for about an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Manning the stand really just means chatting to people about the Maestro & Montego Owners Club and the cars, so nothing too demanding!

If you would like a wristband please let me know by the end of tomorrow (11th March). If I have too many takers for the wristbands, I'll pick names out of a hat, or the computer will pick numbers. You have a choice of Friday, Saturday or Sunday - I have wristbands for all days available.

Comment

Working...
              X