Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events in the North in 2018 - time to get planning

Dear All

As we're in March now, I'm hoping that you're able to turn you thoughts towards forthcoming shows this year

The first one is at Ripon Racecourse on 22nd April.
    This is a Mark Woodward event, and as Andy in Darlington (red Maestro Turbo owner) has told me previously, it is worth getting a season ticket with them as they cover a number of the shows here in the north which we are likely to want to go to.
    A season ticket is £18 and as each event is otherwise £4 per car for clubs, if we went to 5 of their shows we're winning

A reminder of the shows I am suggesting we might attend in 2018 –
    22nd April Ripon Spring Classic Car & Bike Show & Auto Jumble North Yorks Mark Woodward
    29th April North of England MG and Classic Car Show Durham, Riverside Park, Chester le Street Durham
    6th May Blackpool Vehicle Preservation Group - Jubilee Gardens, North Promenade, Cleveleys Lancashire
    13th May Total Retro Show, Westmorland County Showground, Kendal Cumbria
    27th May Classic Cars in the Park, Hutton-in-the-Forest, Penrith Cumbria Mark Woodward
    9th June Durham Regatta Classic Car Rally (NECPWA) Durham
    10th June Hardwick Hall Sedgefield Classic car show Durham
    17th June Lake District Charity Classic Vehicle Show (Grasmere) Cumbria
    24th June Burnley Classic Car Show Lancashire
    1st July Doncaster Classic Car & Bike Show South Yorks CLASH
    1st July Leighton Hall Classic Car & Bike Show, Carnforth Lancashire Mark Woodward; CLASH
    1st July Classics at Bywell Park (MG Northumbria) Northumbria CLASH
    22nd July Lytham Hall Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Lancashire Mark Woodward; CLASH
    22nd July North East Restoration Club 80s and 90s show at Washington Tyne & Wear CLASH
    4th August Hebden Bridge Vintage Weekend West Yorks
    12th August Raby Castle: Classic in the Park Mark Woodward
    19th August Wigton Motor Club - Cumbria Classic & Motorsport Show Cumbria CLASH
    19th August Burley Classic Vehicle show West Yorks CLASH
    26th August M&MOC National meet at 19th Ripon Summer Classic Car & Bike Show & Auto jumble North Yorks Mark Woodward BUT 20 x complimentary tickets for members
    August? Bamburgh Classic Car Show Northumbria
    August? EYTCCC - Sewerby Park, Bridlington East Yorks
    2nd September Classics at Hoghton Tower (near Preston) Lancashire Mark Woodward
    9th September Blackpool Vehicle Preservation Group - South Promenade, Lytham St Annes Lancashire CLASH (N.B.
    I am away on hols when this event is on)
    9th September Otley Vintage Transport Extravaganza West Yorks CLASH (N.B.
    I am away on hols when this event is on)
    30th September Classic Car Day at Beamish (NECPWA) Durham
    September? Whitley Bay Classic Car Show Tyneside
    September? EYTCCC - Vintage & Classic Vehicle Rally, Burton Constable, Hull East Yorks
    You’ll see some clashes in events. Although I want to get a fair spread of shows and events across all counties in the north, I am suggesting we go to whichever event has the most interest from members.
    I am going to buy a season ticket for the Woodward events, and having rung and spoken to them it is still ok to have a club stand if we have season tickets (I just need to let them know how many we are expecting for our stand beforehand).

The events without a specific date but ?? - I have not been able to confirm details/date for this year.

26th August is our National Club annual meet so I hope you will want to come to this one. Remember the first 20 x tickets are free (one per car) to members.
    If you’re new to the club or haven’t been to an event with us before, we’re a friendly bunch who have a good time together chatting about our cars with each other, and the general public. Why not come along and join us?
Working...
X