Hoghton Tower - another great day out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoghton Tower - another great day out

Another great day out with the Maestro & Montego Owners Club. Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_151131.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	326727Click image for larger version

Name:	20180902_152415.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	326728
    Today we were at Hoghton Tower (near Preston, Lancs) for another Mark Woodward Show.
    We had 7 cars in total - Johnny Parker in his Maestro van, Bill Shankland in his Montego estate, Norman Dawson in his green MG Maestro Turbo, Richard Owen in his red Montgeo, Steven Rees in his two tone Rover Maestro, me and my MG Maestro, and a new addition (another Richard) in his stunning red Rover Maestro.
    In fact Richard and his red Maestro caught the eye of the judge and he won best car in the 1980-1999 category
    Richard is a reletively new owner (only 3 months) but is very keen (and intends to join the M&MOC)
    On this basis I think we'll claim it as another (almost) prize for the club!
    What I like about the Mark Woodward events is they both seem to accept that the 'classic car movement' needs to move with the times, and the advancing generations, and also that cars of our period, are
    seen as just as worthy of recognition as those from earlier decades, and that your car doesn't have to be expensive or exotic to be worthy of attention and praise.

We're nearing the end of the show season, but still going strong
Working...
X