Dashboard replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard replacement

Refitting my diesel van (700) dashboard - after replacing the heater foam - I found a brown/orange wire at the righthand side with no apparent connector.

Can anyone advise me if this wire is surplus to requirements or what should it connect to ?

As the engine will not start I suspect that the 12volts on this wire is urgently needed somewhere, but I cannot see where. All the other electrics work apart from the starter motor. Operating the starter key just produces a (relay ?) clicking noise.

Never mind a heater that does not work very well, I now have a van that doesn't work at all !

Brown and orange is igntion switched live I think. Is there 12v on the end of it?

IF the relay is clicking in then do you get 12v at the starter solenoid switch wire. If you do then the starter or the connection is the problem not the missing wire. If not then try putting 12v to it and see if it'll go then.

If it does and there is no connector on the wire then it must have some from the crimped joints under the tape behind the fusebox.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
    X