Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club calendar for 2017

Dear All

We would like to produce a members' cars calendar for 2017, and of course we need your help!
    This is the time to share your pride and joy (in Maestro or Montego form!) with the world.

He or she doesn't need to be perfect, but should preferably be road worthy.
    As 'classic car' ownership is a broad church, whether your car is as standard as when it came out of the showroom, or whether it is modified, we welcome all.

All I ask is that you currently own the vehicle in question (that way we can hope to see you and it at a show/run/meeting in 2017), and that the photo is interesting.
    What I mean by that is, that the car is in an attractive location (no Tesco car park shots please! lol).
    It can be at rest or in action (racing, rallying or just 'driving by')
    Maybe it took you to somewhere picturesque on holiday?
    Were you brave and took it overseas? Maybe you are one of our European based members and so can share a shot of your car in an exotic location?

If you're a new member we want to see your cars too.

If you're a long standing member, maybe your vehicle has just finished a long restoration and so this a chance for us to see a 'new car' to the M&M family.

Get rooting through your photos (or take some new ones!) and please send them to me at a.stokell@leeds.ac.uk with the subject 'M&MOC Calendar'.

Closing date for submissions is 10th November.

We will then post up a shortlist online for you, the members, to chose your winning shots for use in the calendar.

Thanks

Andrew

I work for Tesco and use mine daily so most pictures are in the car park! I shall seek a more befitting backdrop and give it a whirl. I will certainly be buying a few calendars, whether in it or not. Very exciting!

Comment

where and when and much will they be ?
      cheers
      frank

Comment

Hi Frank, nothing decided yet, I need plenty of photos in from members first

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

did you receive the 2 i sent you .
          are they suitable
          cheers
          frank

Comment

Dear All

To anyone who's thinking of sending in photos of their cars for our members' calendar, shots on the drive or on the road in front of house, never show the cars off to their best (I am 'guilty' of having done the same in the past myself).
            What works best is if you can get out of town, onto the rural roads maybe, and get shots with attractive backgrounds. If there are interesting buildings in your town or city, where maybe you can park in front of briefly (I suppose a Sunday morning might be an ideal time, when traffic should be light), then that's another idea.
            Maybe a photo taken when you went to a car show, or away on holiday in the car.
            Also the image needs to be of sufficient quality to reproduce in A4 size (most digital cameras will produce a good enough quality photo, but when you send me the image, don't resize or reduce in size the file, but send me as it is - usually 4-5Mb)

Cheers

Andrew
            Last edited by Yorks-MGZS180; 25th September 2016, 11:30.

Comment

Hi Andrew hope you get the 4 pictures I sent you 3 maestros for the price of one haha

Comment

Working...
              X