X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT

Monty has passed his mot again
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Well done. No bad for a 31 year old car.

I dread the MOT dates for my daily used 20+ year old Vauxhall Omega's. It's like siting an exam!!!

Comment

yeh i realy get stressed on the mot esp as it wasnt used after last years mot
      Sure & steadfast.
      BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
      1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Glad it's not just me. Worse than going to the dentist. I actually think it's worse on newer cars with every tiny warning light causing a failure and of course without the diagnostic equipment it gets expensive to fix it yourself.
        Ian Drew
        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
        MG ZT V8
        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

I don't have a problem with the mot, or thinking about it... being a tester it helps... lol
          home of the "mad maestro"
          rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
          1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Originally posted by thamestyres View Post
            I don't have a problem with the mot, or thinking about it... being a tester it helps... lol
            You should provide a postal service for club members Ricky!!!!!

Comment

gone are the days of the postal mot, in theory anyway, I did know of someone that did do this but needless to say he was caught out, when he didn't have the car there when vosa walked through the door.. and have seen first hand vosa shutting a station down for similar offences.. I haven't personally done any such thing, I might at best advise something near the mark of failing but would rather keep my integrity and do it right.. the right way is by far better for everybody the tester and the customer.. I even failed the maestro at its last mot, in fairness I was trying to sell it at the time.. regards ricky
              home of the "mad maestro"
              rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
              1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Working...
              X