Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro384 restoration

Did they leave the factory like this

That looks like my old turbo #216. As it was getting worse every time I closed the tailgate another bit fell off

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
    Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
    Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Had to remove a bit of rust from the back panel the rover boys must have loved there spot welder in the factory but the rear panel came off with some encouragement and the wheel arches were replaced so good forever now

Comment

Front panel repaired and holes plated and primered

Comment

384 is back with a new coat on and now rust free just got the putting back together and I wish I had taken more time stripping it as I've had a battle with the near side front window regulator this evening and its won so now got face on

Comment

Getting close to complete now except for I can't find the boot striker anywhere so I can't shut the boot without scratching the paint
            oh well mustn't grumble

Comment

Looking good that, bet you can't wait to finish it. Shouldnt be long now I would think
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

For most people yes but I always go too far so Saturday the gearbox comes off and it's getting spruced up then everything underneath the car is coming off so new springs and struts fuel lines brake lines all bushes anything that's not being replaced will be shot blasted and powder coated
                I always like the car to look as good underneath as on top but body wise the car is concourse and 100% rust free so probably 3 weeks tops and it'll be tested for the first time in 13 years

Comment

looking good bud
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

The speed of your rebuild is incredible. Keep up the good work.

Comment

5 hours to get the gearbox and suspension off today it's a good job I planned to replace everything as everything was rusted solid and seized so had to be either cut or burned off it definitely had never had much replaced

Comment

Looks fantastic that.

Ian
                        Ian Drew
                        MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                        MG ZT V8
                        Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Well finally got all the suspension off so here is a pile of what looks like scrap but in a weeks time it will all be back powder coated and better than new ready to reassemble just wish I could have found some 1 inch lowering springs but everybody I phoned couldn't make any

Comment

Well I said to myself I wouldn't start the under bonnet restoration just the bodywork and underneath the car and I would keep the bonnet shut at shows and as you can see I've failed miserably
                            I had a couple of hours today just to see if certain things would shine
                            and before anybody asks the blue on the block is rust eating undercoat before the red topcoat then every nut bolt pipe and wire will get sorted so hopefully by Wednesday it should be finished under bonnet

Comment

Starting to put the suspension back together now so hopefully by Thursday all the suspension and brake components will be finished then it's just interior in and off for first test in 12 years

Comment

Working...
                              X