Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John C
    replied
    Yes, the car was sold to an enthusiast, which is a good outcome.

The gearbox is standard as far as I know. So is the diff i.e. not an LSD. I don't know what size the crown wheel is.

Leave a comment:

• Mr bump
    replied
    Originally posted by John C View Post
    The institution that was working on this car has closed down, so this car is currently looking for a new home, urgently.

It is outside under a tarpaulin and I'm conscious that it will degrade if left out for too long in the elements. Is anyone interested in taking it on? It has had a respray, lots of work and a rebuilt engine -it just needs reassembly!
    John, has this been sorted?

Leave a comment:

• Mr bump
    replied
    John, what gearbox are you using for your maestro rally car?
    What LSD is fitted/what size crown wheel?

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    The institution that was working on this car has closed down, so this car is currently looking for a new home, urgently.

It is outside under a tarpaulin and I'm conscious that it will degrade if left out for too long in the elements. Is anyone interested in taking it on? It has had a respray, lots of work and a rebuilt engine -it just needs reassembly!

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    Car has been resprayed in Ford Diamond White (the mid-shade of white) and is now at another institution for re-assembly

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    I believe that Myerscough will have finished their rebuild of this car by the end of the Summer term. It has a freshly rebuilt pukka engine ready to go in as well.

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    Agreed -this is a very exciting project that is worthy of a magazine feature and shows such as this http://www.raceretro.com/

Leave a comment:

• Team Myerscough
    replied
    It will be great to see a piece of British motorsport heritage brought back to life and I feel that considering the build has been done by students to the best of their ability makes it all the more special.
    Danny
    Motorsport Tutor
    Myerscough College

Leave a comment:

• Team Myerscough
    replied
    Hi all
    Just an update for you. A new group of students will be continuing the project starting in the next 2 weeks (week commencing 19th Sept).
    As you can see from the previous pics the cage has been added to as there was no diagonal in the structure.

This term will see the students carry out the final shell prep on the outside ready for it to be painted over Christmas.

Also John supplied us with a Moto-Build built race engine that needs a quick once over then that will be put in during the final stages between new year 2017 and June 2017.

Leave a comment:

• mr.maestro
    replied
    unusual looking cage!

Leave a comment:

• g200mss #146
    replied
    This is taking shame nicely. Looks fresh

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    Wow -that's incredible! It looks like it would have done going through the factory at Cowley Oxford in '83
    Great work, guys

Leave a comment:

• Team Myerscough
    replied
    Hello, sorry for the lack of post on here recently, we have been very busy with our course work. Here are some recent images of how we have progressed with the Maestro over the past few months.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tonyrs
    replied
    scuttle panel

i have a scuttle panel £35 + postage, 07810898622

Leave a comment:

• John C
    replied
    The college are struggling to source a replacement Scuttle panel (that fits at the base of the windscreen).
    Does anyone have one (or a shell that's being broken for parts and can get it off)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X