Car Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Security

Once again my Maestro was vandalised. The door was kicked in and I had to replace it.
    I was thinking of getting some sort of in car security like a cctv camera that will record what is going on
    and with a 360 degree view.
    Has anybody got something like this in their car andif not could you point me in the right direction.
    I have been told that they do exist but trying to find the right one is a bloody nightmare.

Cheers
    S

Might be worth looking at a dash cam, facing inwards rather than outwards. they can be set to start recording on car movement, so kicking the door would be enough. They have a wide angle lens, so you can either point straight into the car, giving a view of the doors as well, or more focused towards the most likely side to be attacked to ensure you get a shot of the perpetrators.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

You’ll probably find they’ll smash the window and steal it. Can you not place a camera in or on the house facing the car?

Comment

I live in a flat that does not face the street where the car is parked. The local cop shop said they were trying to get cctv cameras and better lighting for the street but had no
        problems with a camera on the car from the top of the building but it would need to be a good hi def wifi type for good shots I was thinking of around £200 for one. The one in the car would also have to be wifi and live all the time. Just don't know which one as so many on market and untested.

Comment

useful thread

Comment

Working...
          X