Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registered forum member - tried to join online problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered forum member - tried to join online problems....

Hi there... - tried to join club ( already a registered user of forum...) - had to log out to see the actual joining form.... then couldn't use forum name or email address to join as already registered..... so have printed out snail mail version and will send off tomorrow...I know some of that is to try to stop user clashes etc but how can you join and keep your forum name if already registered? Just feedback and for your info - Cheers
    Silver MG Maestro - C555, needs some anti rust love

Hi, just trying understand what happened here. If you open the forum page, when you are not logged in, and then click on the Join menu option that is across the top of the screen it will open a new page where the is an option to download an application form. This does not have any links or association with your forum name, but will request your personal details and information about your car(s). You can then either send the completed form by snail mail, or scan it and email it to membership@maestro.org.uk. I can then process the details and send out your subscribing member pack.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I registered some time ago on forum approx april, so when logged in on that registration - i had these issues, 1. couldn't actually find the online registration , 2. when i did - by logging out it wouldn't let me use the already registered email and would have forced a second email to be used because while trying to fill form out to join online " email already registered"

So i just printed it out, as you describe above and sent snail mail and someone (probably you) has already sent me membership pack earlier this month.

I just assumed I could "upgrade" under my forum login and join online- and you cant using your registered email "as its already registered" - again i presume this is a design feature but may be worth adding a note somewhere or doing a workaround so you can if that's an option you'd like to allow.

Silver MG Maestro - C555, needs some anti rust love

Comment

Thanks for explaining that, and I will pass on the information to our web designer. However, I think you may have been confusing the registration processes and subscription payments. The registration is to allow access to the forum pages. These are viewable as an unamed watcher, or by registering you can then post messages on threads and contact other registered members using private messages. After that, the next stage is to pay a membership subscription to join the owners club and receive the benefits that it brings, as well as another section on the forum, that is otherwise invisible. As you were already registered, to pay your subscription, it would be a case of selecting the "My Membership" menu option in the blue menu bar at the top of a forum page. That then opens up a page of details about your forum and club membership, which includes an option to pay the subscription fee using PayPal. No other personal details are required as they are already recorded in your forum registration record. Hope this goes someway to explaining how it works.
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Working...
        X