Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again

I thought I'd 're introduce myself as I disappeared due to ill health and couldn't do much for a while so the car hunting took a back seat

I signed up on here around 2 years ago looking for a maestro but couldn't find one I liked.
    shortly after that I had to pack up work due to disability and then on new years day last year I had a heart attack followed by a second one 8 days later.

I'm now back to a place where I can carry on with cars and attending shows etc although I have to still take it easy.

anyway, after looking (again) for a maestro I finally got myself a 1275cc clubman in red which I'm fetching on Sunday.
    i Will add a thread to members cars section once I have it back home but for now here's a picture from the advert

Welcome, sure I remember this one off eBay (the mucky tyres lol). Great condition, was described as mint if it is the one I am thinking of, bit had a few trim bits missing? Was a strong price if I remember to!
    MG Maestro Turbo #500
    BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
    Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
    Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Welcome, sure I remember this one off eBay (the mucky tyres lol). Great condition, was described as mint if it is the one I am thinking of, bit had a few trim bits missing? Was a strong price if I remember to!
      He originally had a buy it now price of £1500 but that disappeared yesterday when someone made a bid.
      luckily for me the seller didn't put a reserve on it so I assume he was expecting it to go for the buy it now.
      I paid a lot less than he wanted.
      comes with full MOT too and only 29 thousand miles

any idea how I post in the members cars section? I can't see a "new topic" button to start a thread off

Comment

Originally posted by Pootz View Post

He originally had a buy it now price of £1500 but that disappeared yesterday when someone made a bid.
        luckily for me the seller didn't put a reserve on it so I assume he was expecting it to go for the buy it now.

any idea how I post in the members cars section? I can't see a "new topic" button to start a thread off
        Firstly welcome to the forum and nice Maestro.

I could be wrong but I think you can only post in the members cars section if you're a member of the MMOC not just the forum.

Members benefits here...

https://maestro.org.uk/about-us/member-benefits/

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
        Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
        Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Cheers.
          ill look into joining properly

Comment

Welcome, always good to have more red Maestros around

Comment

Thanks...I'm just hoping it stays red and doesn't fade too much

Comment

Originally posted by Pootz View Post

Welcome , like the car funny thing is I was toying with the idea of putting in a bid myself due to the condition and very low miles well done .

Comment

Cheers.
                  I'm off to fetch it in about an hour..hope it's ok

Comment

Well that was a long day..caught the train at 10am to fetch the maestro from shotton (Chester)...All went well for the first 30 or so miles and it cut out and refused to restart...cue RAC.
                    They get me going again...for 10 miles & it cuts out.
                    Call RAC again who came out and got it working.....for half a mile.
                    Arrived home at 10pm on the back of a recovery truck.
                    Coil and leads are breaking down when warm and carb needs tuning.

Still don't regret buying it though

Comment

That's old cars that haven't been used for a while for you! I am a fan of using sites like shipley where people bid for the best/cheapest price to transport your purchased car to you. I think most people would find it cheaper than train/fuel/other day costs you incur plus a day of your time saved. I hope you get it running spot on shortly and can enjoy it. Trust me you get a lot of attention driving them now.
                      MG Maestro Turbo #500
                      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

The RAC bought it home so wasn't too bad.
                        just off to order parts for it now

Comment

welcome to the club again.i hope you soon sort out your problems with the maestro.
                          they are cheep to run and you should try and get it insured on a classic policy.
                          red is my favorit colour as well

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                            welcome to the club again.i hope you soon sort out your problems with the maestro.
                            they are cheep to run and you should try and get it insured on a classic policy.
                            red is my favorit colour as well
                            cheers for the welcome
                            It's on a classic policy with Footman James so nice and cheap

hopefully it'll be sorted today as mechanic is due any minute now

Comment

Just had dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil, plugs & leads replaced and the carb adjusted so it idled correctly and it's now ticking over perfectly.

just hoping that cures it now

Comment

Working...
                              X