No announcement yet.

Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I am from Belarus. Today I bought MG Maestro Efi. In our country trere are no information. I am to see there owners of this car

Comment

Comment

Looks good, hope you do not need the tow rope too often!

Comment

Day 1. Cleaning)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
            Looks good, hope you do not need the tow rope too often!
            The car stood without traffic for more than 2 years. We did not dare to start it right away

Comment

Well, today is the day...(as long as the rain stays away)

I have someone on the way round to look at the carb and so far it's dry and sunny.
              if it stays like this I'm hoping it will either be fixed or I'll have an answer as to what the problem is.

keep them fingers crossed for me

Comment

Nice car ilya but you'd be better off starting a thread of your own as it's going to be confusing otherwise

Comment

Well after having the carb refurbished it now runs like a dream

Comment

Well the running like a dream bit didn't last long as the fuel pump decided it wasn't going to play nicely since I have now fitted an electric fuel pump.

it's just a rough fit for now to get me mobile again but hopefully it'll be tidied up and fuel hose rerouted next week when I have more time.

the main thing is, it's now working again

Comment

I hope you are sorted now. It's identical to ours - same model and year. I had to change the distributor; the original was intermittent and it caused a nasty flat-spot just after idle. I was very pleased when I got an electronic unit for what seemed a great price (not eBay - ask me if you are thinking of buying one). The short version is that it lasted a couple of months so I bit the bullet and bought the Aldon version and a coil. It's noticeably better than either of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisK View Post
                        I hope you are sorted now. It's identical to ours - same model and year. I had to change the distributor; the original was intermittent and it caused a nasty flat-spot just after idle. I was very pleased when I got an electronic unit for what seemed a great price (not eBay - ask me if you are thinking of buying one). The short version is that it lasted a couple of months so I bit the bullet and bought the Aldon version and a coil. It's noticeably better than either of the others.
                        Cheers.

unfortunately the electric pump isn't brilliant but I've found a NOS manual lift pump not far from me which I'm ordering so I can get the car back to standard.

it's working ok for now but I've had to get bigger bore fuel line to fit the pump which floods the carb easily as it's delivering more fuel than needed

at least I can use the car for short journeys still

I'd be interested in the electric unit you use though if it works properly and is compatible so if you can send details that would be great

Comment

It is with great sadness and wobbly fingers that I type this message out

I am unfortunately having to put the maestro up for sale due to health issues

I know it's only been working properly for a few weeks and for that I'm grateful for as it allowed me to re live my youth

big thanks to everyone who has helped me with my frustrations since buying it
                          I have really appreciated and my time here on the forum

thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                          X