New member on the south coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member on the south coast

Just saying hello.I have just acquired a 1.3 petrol Maestro van reg J301 PWD.I haven't had chance to take any photos yet, nor have I had chance to look around the forum much, though I have applied for membership. I had assumed parts were fairly easy to come by. At present I only need an air filter and spare tyre (14 inch) but I reckon an exhaust will be needed before too long. Where does everyone get their spares, particularly for servicing?. Thanks in advance, Terry.

Welcome Terry!

Most service parts will be available from your standard motor factors. Rimmerbros do the service parts and also SOME other bits and pieces:
    https://rimmerbros.com/ItemList--Rover-Maestro--m-13618

Otherwise eBay or other members for parts.

Good luck!
    Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Thank you very much Ian,much appreciated!

Comment

Welcome on board Terry! Great to have another member "darn here in the sarf". There are a few classic car shows coming up where we will be present as a club, and it would be good to have you along with your van. Looking forward to receiving your membership application!
        Membership Secretary
        Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
        2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
        1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Thanks Pete, don't get to many shows due to work commitments but may do an odd one now and again.I filled in the online membership form via firefox and it seemed to work, however no email confirmation so not sure where it has gone!...might need doing again by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by terryhast View Post
            Thanks Pete, don't get to many shows due to work commitments but may do an odd one now and again.I filled in the online membership form via firefox and it seemed to work, however no email confirmation so not sure where it has gone!...might need doing again by the looks of it.
            Just a thought Terry. You have joined the forum successfully - you can post messages and view threads. The only other thing to do is become a subscribing member of the club to get the full benefits. Do this via the "My membership" item in the blue menu across the top of the screen. Choose whether you want to join for 1 year or 2 (2 is better value) and pay via PayPal. I'll then send out your membership pack including our bumper edition of Monstro magazine.
            Last edited by Sussex Pete; 24th July 2018, 07:22.
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Welcome aboard Terry.

A lot of knowledge and "know how" on this forum which can prove invaluable.

Ian

Comment

Ebay can be a good place for regular 1.3 parts, I've picked air filters for 99pence. I have learnt that by searching around the web you can find what you need and at a reasonable price. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X