Hello all! New from Manchester (C418YRW) aka the chocolate lime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! New from Manchester (C418YRW) aka the chocolate lime

Hello folks, finally joined after years of lurking. ‘Re-united’ with a car I saw online years ago and wanted. My neighbours dad had a company Montego 1.3 as a child, my grandmother a B reg 2.0 HL and our local church organist/music teacher/retired solicitor had a B reg 2.0 HLS also Opaline green. Sadly both the the latter two went off the road mid to late 90s.

Really happy with with my new purchase and it’s fascinating history.
    Last edited by GavinMontegoHL; 30th October 2018, 17:27.

Wow, that's in good condition! I'm assuming that the alloys are a later addition? Is that also a Rover 100 lurking behind?
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Welcome to the forum. That does look a nice car. You will be able to access all sorts of useful stuff to keep your car healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
        Wow, that's in good condition! I'm assuming that the alloys are a later addition? Is that also a Rover 100 lurking behind?
        Yes, my Rover 114SLi, hopefully but regretfully going to a new owner tomorrow. I’ve had it for sale a while, but someone who seems very genuine is coming tomorrow. I hate to see it unused. It’s only done 41,000 gen miles. it also had one owner for 21 years.

The Montego alloys are 14inch MG model wheels.

Comment

Welcome Gavin, Looks nice. Love the colour!

Comment

Nice purchase, Gavin. Hope to see it pottering about Manchester sometime!

The alloys by the way are 15" x 6J used on the MG 2.0i and (later) Turbo.
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Working...
            X