Radio Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Codes

Hi there people, Hopefully someone will be able to answer this fairly rudimentary question for me.

When My Monty was being resprayed obviously the battery was disconnected, now that she's all put back together she looks lovely, however the radio doesn't work as it needs a code putting in, only minor problem i have is i am not in possession of the said code.... So my question... Does anyone know if there is a generic code i can put in to make it start working again or do I have to just bite the bullet and buy a new cassette player/radio for my monty.

Much thankliness.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-Radio-Co...item483f5fd072

I have used these guys before and there very good.

if yours is the original unit supplied with the car, they should have no problem sorting you out.

Cheaper than a new unit.

Comment

I have dealt with them too: a friendly and professional service!
      1983 (Y) MG 1600
      1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
      1987 700 City 1.6 Van
      1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
      1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
      1990 Clubman D
      1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

That's a handy service. How the hell does he know all the radio codes just from their serial numbers.
        It's not something I can imagine the manufacturers willingly disclosing; kind of defeats the objective.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

I believe they may have bought the re-coding info from the receivers of MGR.

Comment

Ah right. Always suspected the security codes were derived from the SNs but it'd take an age to work out exactly how, and you'd need a fair few to check you'd figured it out correctly.
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

i found a download for radio codes...i have used it a couple of times successfully for my transit and a peugot...ive not tried it on the mmm stuff yet.pm me the radio make and model and serial number and i will try it for you?
              MAESTRO TURBO NO.384...
              D REG MAESTRO 2.0 efi...(turbo)
              2004 rover 45 2.0 td
              2002 rover 75 2.0cdt auto

Comment

I used one of these services before and they replied with such speed that I suspect they may even have the whole thing wired up to a database - unless someone was sat clicking refresh on their emails. It took about two minutes to get the correct code from them after paying on eBay and supplying my serial number.

Comment

Looking at the one Mal linked to, sounds like eBay prevents them from doing that now for some reason. It says they will send you an email (perhaps just confirming your order) but that the code will be posted to you.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

They used to just email the code, but ebay changed things so that you have to receive something "tangible" for your money.

So, they confirm your order Via email (including your radio code), and then post out a card with the code on to stay within ebays new rules.

Mal.

Comment

aha that's a clever way of getting round it
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-Radio-Co...item483f5fd072

I have used these guys before and there very good.

if yours is the original unit supplied with the car, they should have no problem sorting you out.

Cheaper than a new unit.
                        Thoroughly recommend this service, I got an email containing my correct code within half an hour, and now have a working radio

Comment

Music in the Metro eh Chris?

Mal.

Comment

They used to just email the code, but ebay changed things so that you have to receive something "tangible" for your money.

So, they confirm your order Via email (including your radio code), and then post out a card with the code on to stay within ebays new rules.

Mal.
                            Sounds like a backwards step. We're all going paperless now and much more significant things than radio codes are now done entirely online. I can fly thousands of miles to a far-off country on the strength of an airline's e-ticket but I cannot receive four digits to make my radio work!

I am sure what you are saying is correct but surely if eBay have sight of an email - sent from their website - that is better than a piece of paper that they never see that is sent via normal postage (not recorded or signed for) that you may not receive?

Comment

Music in the Metro eh Chris?

Mal.
                              Indeed

Comment

Working...
                              X