Van callipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van callipers

Are van callipers the same as non vent car ones?
    cheers
    Russ

PS how do you post new topics on this forum now? I've had to edit an old one to get it to post
    Last edited by Russ; 9th November 2016, 22:45.

Its on the LHS of the crossmember, just to the side of the headlamp, that runs underneath the headlights. You need to remove the grille and LH headlamp to get access to it. Its mounted on a plate that has a bolt fixing it to the crossmember plus two wires that go into one of the round plugs.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Cheers, does unplugging it render the dim dip inoperative but allow the lights to work

Comment

Yes - that is what I've done on my 200 anyway and that uses the same setup
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

According to one of the workshop manuals I've got, for thos models not fitted with Dim/Dip, the dim dip unit is replaced with a dummy that has pins 2 and 8 shorted out internally. These are the blue/brown wire from the dip switch to the blue/red wire from fuse b4. This effectively bypasses the resistor circuit all the time.
          Membership Secretary
          Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
          2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
          1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Completed it on Sunday, just unplugged the resistor to isolate the dim dip.
            After I'd finished it I found a kit on eBay for less than £9 in Hong Kong but it looks neater so I've ordered two one for the van and one for the car.
            The only thing that concerns me is it only has a single fuse whereas on my version I have a fuse for main and dipped beam

Comment

Working...
            X