Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Static Display Mode

Referring to the Mk. 1 digital dash, my Maestro technical guide says:

For display purposes it is possible to select, by a combination of trip computer function buttons, a showroom mode set at night-brilliance level.
    Does any one know how to do this? - are there any other tricks you can do with solid state electronics in the Maesty?
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

I don't have a digital display but in my Montego manual, which I know has got a different display unit, it says to turn on the ignition and press SET and RESET at the same time.

Comment

For Showroom Mode press "Time" and "Ave" on the trip computer simultaneously and the speedo will show 150MPH/240Km/h, 5600 rpm on the tachometer, fuel and temp gauges show 5 bars each, voice synthesis unit will give out the trip computer functions, the sunroof will open and the ejector seat will deploy, sending the salesman into orbit!
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I'm going to try that when I get home, even though it sounds like thinly veiled sarcasm! If the sunroof does happen to open, I shall be very disappointed that they have included this functionality for the sales rep yet only provided me - the end user - with a winding handle. Typical Rover, that is. Good technology, badly executed.

Comment

Sorry, no sarcasm implied I just couldn't resist it! Apart from the silly reference to the ejector seat function, the demo mode allows the salesman to demo the instruments to Mr and Mrs Smith without recourse to taking the vehicle on the road. Austin Rover should have added the eject facility when our salesman got too smarmy. "As you will noeeetice, its much more moderrrn than your Morris Eye-tal" Etc Etc.
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

It worked by the way! Well, the display bit did. I need to get my voice unit going again though. I currently have no stereo but I know Tony has inserted a couple of wires into the multiplug in his Monty to get her going again. Any idea what to connect to what?

Comment

Working...
            X