Turbo Rebuild Garrett T2 tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Rebuild Garrett T2 tips

Ive got the above off sat in my living room....ive bought gear pullers and circlip pliers
    Ready to go....has anyone resealed their above before?
    Any tips you could pass on?
    ive got a 360 degree thrust bearing reseal kit for the option of slightly higher boost [i may get an uprated actuator later]
    The car has a new engine +1mm bored out new pistons and bottom end bearings and did run really well before the turbo sprung an oil leak
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Gee thanks guys for all the help....
    anyway the housing ass'ociation officer decided to take out a court injunction out on my SORNd maestro....i had a very busy time at work with 14 days to move my said
    i must have striped the turbo down 4 times....the jap precision parts seem better than the recon turbo ones...its all back together with a 360 degree bearing.
    My mate who owns the huge empty site next door allowed me to park my perkie in his land....even helped push it in thro his gate!
    in all the drama i locked the key inside [loosing the other]
    a week later i looked in youtube for some help to break into the car....i favoured the slip knot string method [my son hooped it over the door lock pin] pulled it up and gained access!
    ive got to reinstall said turbo...get on with the water pump...im tempted to do the head gasket to port the inlets.....
    Last edited by guussi; 19th January 2017, 20:28.
    0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Sounds like you've done well with the turbo-something I've never tried, not sure I'd be brave enough! I once spent ages porting and polishing a Maestro Turbo head but didn't notice any difference-not sure the gain is worth the pain on that one, but someone may correct me. Good luck with it!
      Phil

Comment

Working...
      X