Maestro Turbo Parts Help-cv boots/turbo link hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo Parts Help-cv boots/turbo link hose

Hi all, trying to source inner and outer cv joint boots for my Maestro Turbo-the joint diameter seems to be 100mm but if you order the part it always seems too small-around 85mm. Although the listings show the MG Maestro and the Turbo as the same I'm assuming the Turbo had bigger cv joints-anyone successfully obtained an inner one in particular? Not sure whether to just get one for another car but with similar dimensions. Has anyone replaced the small hose between the turbo and the engine block? Mine was worringly close to failure and I'd like to get something fit for purpose!
    tia
    Phil

I managed to get my outer boots of Ebay. Part number GSV1045 is marked on the EPC as being for EFi and Turbo. GSV1048 or GSV1066 is for the inners. By the small hose, do you mean the drain pipe? If so, that is CAM7769. Appears to be an NLA item. It needs to be oil resistant, about 80mm long and 22mm I/D
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I bought universal neoprene ones... seem to be lasing longer that the other aftermarket ones I've tried...

Comment

he outer seems OK, it's the inner that is hard to match up-thanks for advice, going to try comparing originals at my local motor factor. Yes the drain pipe-I'll just get some suitable hose.

Comment

Originally posted by philippope View Post
          Hi all, trying to source inner and outer cv joint boots for my Maestro Turbo-the joint diameter seems to be 100mm but if you order the part it always seems too small-around 85mm. Although the listings show the MG Maestro and the Turbo as the same I'm assuming the Turbo had bigger cv joints-anyone successfully obtained an inner one in particular? Not sure whether to just get one for another car but with similar dimensions. Has anyone replaced the small hose between the turbo and the engine block? Mine was worringly close to failure and I'd like to get something fit for purpose!
          tia
          Phil
          Turbo oil feed pipe you mean Phil? You can make your own out of copper gas piping. I did on my black turbo for about 4 years until I found an original pipe.
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th January 2017, 15:10.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

No, I just need the short hose from the turbo to the block (sump?) Jeff-mine was paper-thin on the top from the heat of the turbo!

Comment

You mean the small silicon one on the rear coming down to the elbow at the rear of the engine from the turbo? Goes on this? I might have a spare if you need one
              http://maestro.org.uk/forums/filedata/fetch?id=287902
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th January 2017, 18:42.

Comment

That's the one Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by philippope View Post
                  That's the one Jeff
                  I have 4 turbo engines up my barn so will have a look-see for you

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Just a length of generic silicone hose I think on mine (it used to be garden hosepipe when I got it!)
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Try Man Transmissions Phil - I used them to rebuild and upgrade my turbo driveshafts. Came back like new.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Comment

i need to source a CV boot for my perkins TD asap for the MOT anyone got an ebay link?
                            0-60 in 8.2 hours 1/4mile in time for breakfast but the rust wins hands down

Comment

Local motorfactor will have them on the shelf.
                              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
                              X