rear hatch wiper blade size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear hatch wiper blade size

Need to replace the rear wiper on my Maestro. The one on there is about 400mm long, but all the replacement option suggest 500mm the same as one of the front ones. Does anyone know the correct size to get.

Mine has a 20" blade on drivers side front and 19" on passenger side and hatch... 400mm will probably correspond to a 16" blade, which seems a bit short, maybe someone fitted a Montego estate tailgate blade?

Comment

EPC shows same blades for both front arms and a different one at the rear. GWB340 Front, and GWB329 Rear. Googling those part numbers doesn't come back with anything useful, except one site that possible suggests the fronts are 20" and the rear 18". Early maestros were the same all round.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

i have always used the same on the rear as what i use on the front 20inches

Comment

Rimmers suggest using one of the front wipers for the rear, so along with the other comments, I looks as if I should fit a 500mm one.

Comment

Officially, Maestro's used 20 inch wiper blades for both fronts and the rear. So get a 20 inch one, preferably a Bosch one from GSF. However, personal experience has proved that on the front wipers of a Maestro, you can use 21 inch wiper blades without any clearance issues. Again, personal experience proves that Bosch are the best.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Thanks, looks like Halfords it is!

Comment

I may have been unlucky, but the only bosch wiper blade I've ever bought collapsed after a week (and a couple of thousand miles)..

Comment

Working...
                X